Life With The Flock: Lacy Duckwing's Flock Thread

By the way, how do you train her to come by name? I only succede for my old rooster to recognize his name. Also, Nightfall, in the last pic, looks like his eye is grey. Is he blind?

But great flock! I love them all! Nightfall sound Like Checkers, my Appenzeller Spitzhauben rooster. Very skittish, but he is starting to warm up to us. Finally.
I train them by every time I have a treat for that one bird, I say their name, instead if the usual treat call. Rocky learned her name fast. Shiloh, is taking her time, but is learning. Beth, I tried training her, but she refused to learn. :rolleyes:
No, Nightfall isn't blind. It's just his third eyelid. ;)

Thank you! Cool. Can I ask, and do you know, your Checkers, in what order did he hatch? Nightfall was the last to hatch in his hatch.
I didn't take the pic. ;) These are Lacy's chickens. I just know them really well. Right, Lacy? :lau
Yep! :p
Beautiful chickens, Lacy! One of my little mixed breed pullets looks just like Shiloh.
Thank you! Cool! I'd love to see pictures! :love

I train them by every time I have a treat for that one bird, I say their name, instead if the usual treat call. Rocky learned her name fast. Shiloh, is taking her time, but is learning. Beth, I tried training her, but she refused to learn. :rolleyes:
No, Nightfall isn't blind. It's just his third eyelid. ;)

Thank you! Cool. Can I ask, and do you know, your Checkers, in what order did he hatch? Nightfall was the last to hatch in his hatch.

Yep! :p

Thank you! Cool! I'd love to see pictures! :love
Ok, thanks! I don’t know in what order he hatched, becuase we got him for FREE. The previous owners got him from a hatchery

How's your flock today, Lacy? :)
Thanks for asking. They are good. I brought Maisy in the house earlier. She was very noisy. I tried giving her some live meal worms, but she tried eating their bedding instead. I think by her behavior inside this morning she needed to lay an egg. :)

Thanks for asking. They are good. I brought Maisy in the house earlier. She was very noisy. I tried giving her some live meal worms, but she tried eating their bedding instead. I think by her behavior inside this morning she needed to lay an egg. :)
Aww poor Maisy. I know how uncomfortable chickens can get when they have to lay an egg! And they always seem to wait till the last second and then realize their favorite nesting box is occupied! 😆

Back
Top Bottom