Life With The Flock: Lacy Duckwing's Flock Thread

Aww poor Maisy. I know how uncomfortable chickens can get when they have to lay an egg! And they always seem to wait till the last second and then realize their favorite nesting box is occupied! 😆
That's for sure! I've had two hens, Aundria and Princess, lay an egg seconds apart, IN THE SAME NESTING BOX, before. Silly birds. :lol:

My Murray McMurray catalog finally came in, and I'm proud to say some of my birds got in it!

First, we got a young Princess:
20211230_164951.jpg

And Rocky twice, with Aundria in the background of one:
20211230_164951.jpg
20211230_165032.jpg
Plus a couple of my pictures from years before are still in there:
20211230_165223.jpg
20211230_165018.jpg

So yesterday evening, I saw a mangy fox coming from the direction of my backyard. Thankfully all my chickens were already cooped up for the night. I went around the coop and checked on my birds after I saw the fox, and nothing was even disturbed.

This is the second time I've seen this mangy fox. First time was during the middle of the day. It's getting me a little nervous, so my chickens aren't leaving their secured winter run today. :(

So yesterday evening, I saw a mangy fox coming from the direction of my backyard. Thankfully all my chickens were already cooped up for the night. I went around the coop and checked on my birds after I saw the fox, and nothing was even disturbed.

This is the second time I've seen this mangy fox. First time was during the middle of the day. It's getting me a little nervous, so my chickens aren't leaving their secured winter run today. :(
That would make me nervous too.

That would make me nervous too.
I'm really hoping that it doesn't stick around. I found a grey fox den last Spring that's a 10 minute walk away, and during the summer I had a neighbor lose a duck and some chickens to a fox. I'm wondering if it's the same fox.

Getting a little concerned.... A cold snap is coming, and my Rocky is cold. Her whole back end is basically bare except for her tail. She needed a molt more than any of my girls, and of the original six, she was the ONLY hen not to molt. :(

Back
Top Bottom