Life With The Flock: Lacy Duckwing's Flock Thread

Pics
My Aundria got something very special today....

This morning, I brought Rocky inside to warm her up for a few minutes. I discovered the band on her saddle was almost done, for it was badly frayed. (That would have been as a result of Aundria, not Rocky. Aundria had it on just before it went on Rocky, and Aundria is the one who would have taken the time to undo the threads. :rolleyes: ) I looked up new saddles up on Murray McMurray Hatchery, then Amazon. As I was complaining about the design of a certain saddle, and on how it wouldn't serve its purpose properly, my Mom suggested that we make one instead.
We searched around for a few minutes before we settled on some fabric that looked the strongest, though it wasn't what we wanted. Following the pattern of Rocky's saddle, my Mom was able to make a second saddle. This saddle, the first-ever one that my Mom has made, is for Aundria. She's wearing it now. As far as the old saddle, my Mom was able to put a new strap on it so Rocky can keep wearing hers. (I'm thinking that I'm seeing some new feathers starting on Rocky... Which will be good if that's the case.)

Aundria wearing the new "homemade by my Mom" saddle:

IMG_7255.JPG
IMG_7245.JPG

This morning, I brought Rocky inside to warm her up for a few minutes. I discovered the band on her saddle was almost done, for it was badly frayed. (That would have been as a result of Aundria, not Rocky. Aundria had it on just before it went on Rocky, and Aundria is the one who would have taken the time to undo the threads. :rolleyes: ) I looked up new saddles up on Murray McMurray Hatchery, then Amazon. As I was complaining about the design of a certain saddle, and on how it wouldn't serve its purpose properly, my Mom suggested that we make one instead.
We searched around for a few minutes before we settled on some fabric that looked the strongest, though it wasn't what we wanted. Following the pattern of Rocky's saddle, my Mom was able to make a second saddle. This saddle, the first-ever one that my Mom has made, is for Aundria. She's wearing it now. As far as the old saddle, my Mom was able to put a new strap on it so Rocky can keep wearing hers. (I'm thinking that I'm seeing some new feathers starting on Rocky... Which will be good if that's the case.)

View attachment 2976226 View attachment 2976229
Sorry, I can’t read this now, I will 1st thing in the morning!

View attachment 2976226 View attachment 2976229
What a cute saddle! The color is perfect for her.

Today was warmer than it's been, which was very good in one way. If it wasn't for all the snow, I would of let my birds out into the outside run.

So, today I was thinking about my hen's, Beth, eyes. Tonight, I went out to confirm, and.... Her eyes has changed!! :celebrate That being, they've gotten darker- more orange.

Last year, when I got her, I took note of her eyes. They were a pale orange with some yellow and blue-green in them. When I saw this, I knew she was either still a pullet, or she was deformed in her eyes. (No, not blind or anything, I just don't know how else to word it. I had a bantam who's eyes never darkened. It's not really something I prefer, unless they were full blue.)

But today, I can see, Beth's eyes has darkened. They're more orange and darker, with less of those other colors. That being said, looking back, Beth would most likely been a winter chick, and is probably a year old now. With her being this young, she'll be a layer longer before retirement. :D

Today was warmer than it's been, which was very good in one way. If it wasn't for all the snow, I would of let my birds out into the outside run.

So, today I was thinking about my hen's, Beth, eyes. Tonight, I went out to confirm, and.... Her eyes has changed!! :celebrate That being, they've gotten darker- more orange.

Last year, when I got her, I took note of her eyes. They were a pale orange with some yellow and blue-green in them. When I saw this, I knew she was either still a pullet, or she was deformed in her eyes. (No, not blind or anything, I just don't know how else to word it. I had a bantam who's eyes never darkened. It's not really something I prefer, unless they were full blue.)

But today, I can see, Beth's eyes has darkened. They're more orange and darker, with less of those other colors. That being said, looking back, Beth would most likely been a winter chick, and is probably a year old now. With her being this young, she'll be a layer longer before retirement. :D
Wait, a chicken’s eyes can change color?!

Back
Top Bottom