Light brahma bantam and Golden Comet?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by aggieterpkatie, Jun 19, 2009.

1. aggieterpkatie

aggieterpkatie Songster

Apr 26, 2009
    Maryland
    I think this is a light brahma, but there's another breed it looks like but can't remember the name. Does anyone know? And are the others Golden Comets? How do you tell the difference between a Golden Comet and a red Sexlink?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  2. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Songster

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I think your right, she does a bit more black then I thought they had. and as for the golden comet. they are a red sex link. they are called maybe names, isa brown, cinn. queens, amber sex link, golden comet....

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Not a light brahma- but cute! The others look like the perfect Red Star.

4. debakadeb

debakadeb Songster

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think she is a light brahma - she may have more black simply because of poor genetics but she looks a lot like my two light brahma's. You were probably thinking she might be a cochin but the feathers around her legs are too sparse for a cochin.

5. allmypeeps

allmypeeps Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Maine
    I have a light brahma. The light brahma looks like someone else said, 'poor genetics' or she is a accidental mix.

sexlinks/comets etc are also sometimes called 'shaver reds' I was told. They're all basically the same birds. Yours seem to have more white on their bottoms than mine, and mine had more white flecking around the necks. I don't know what mine are exactly either as they were rescues. I call just call them sexlinks.

6. aggieterpkatie

aggieterpkatie Songster

Apr 26, 2009
    Maryland
    Thanks everyone. I wish I could remember the name of the breed I saw that resembled the light brahma. I'll keep thinking about it. [​IMG]

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Doesn't have the classical Columbian feathering, but a mixed light brahma it is.

8. aggieterpkatie

aggieterpkatie Songster

Apr 26, 2009
    Maryland
    Quote:Is Columbian just the color pattern for the black? LOL!! I think that's the breed I thought she might be!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: