Light brahma bantam and Golden Comet?!

aggieterpkatie

Songster
11 Years
Apr 26, 2009
Maryland
I think this is a light brahma, but there's another breed it looks like but can't remember the name. Does anyone know? And are the others Golden Comets? How do you tell the difference between a Golden Comet and a red Sexlink?

3642425758_540359367d.jpg

3642426480_23c9e81ee2.jpg

3641619339_89df57efe8.jpg

Last edited:
I think your right, she does a bit more black then I thought they had. and as for the golden comet. they are a red sex link. they are called maybe names, isa brown, cinn. queens, amber sex link, golden comet....

I think she is a light brahma - she may have more black simply because of poor genetics but she looks a lot like my two light brahma's. You were probably thinking she might be a cochin but the feathers around her legs are too sparse for a cochin.

I have a light brahma. The light brahma looks like someone else said, 'poor genetics' or she is a accidental mix.

sexlinks/comets etc are also sometimes called 'shaver reds' I was told. They're all basically the same birds. Yours seem to have more white on their bottoms than mine, and mine had more white flecking around the necks. I don't know what mine are exactly either as they were rescues. I call just call them sexlinks.

Thanks everyone. I wish I could remember the name of the breed I saw that resembled the light brahma. I'll keep thinking about it.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom