Light Brahma, Mabel. Pullet or Cockerel?

Thank you for your comment! His comb is less red than many of the other hens, but it's a mixed breed flock and I'm new to this. This is the only LB. The three rows in the comb are so unpronounced that I wasn't sure. He is definitely gawky and noisy, legs are thick, but his growth has slowed significantly. He was the largest by far from tiny-chickhood, and is now one of the smaller birds. He is so soft, sweet and cuddly. Hopeful he just decides for himself never to crow :)!

Guess every small sign he is just a SUPER awkward hen gets me hopeful. Can't deny a crow? Ugh...sad day.

I am sorry to see you are struggling with your health. I very much hope you are experiencing improvement!!!

WHOA!! So I miscalculated the age of this bird by a month (um...stressful month = bad math. All I'm sayin'.) These pics are just under 14 weeks! I'm thinking the comb and wattles should be more red and pronounced on a roo...after carefully dissecting years of brahma sexing tips on BYC. Yes, I took the time to do it. If you watched the last vid you could probably tell I'm totally weird-cutesy-wootsy obsessed with my gals. My human interactions have suffered a little bit, but hey- my chicken is getting better. I'm starting to think they understand me! No? Just me? Mmkay then...

Mabel. At 14 weeks. For future BYCers who need as many comparisons as I do:
(Those hiny feathers still have me thrown...nothin'. Just puff.)

Back
Top Bottom