Light Brahma sick. weak, not eating

I am going to say this as nicely as I possibly can...... When chickens have lost enough weight that you can tell, then they stop eating and they have smelly poop all over their butt feathers, they are in the early stages of dying. Treatment can save them if done properly.

If you get the Corid and a tube of Safeguard to treat her, you are probably going to have $30 invested in medicines. However, if treatment doesn't get started immediately, it will probably be too late.

She has to be hydrated before you can force feed her.

Have you felt her crop? Is it hard and full of food? She may have an impacted crop.

When you let her outside, it is more likely she is expending energy on the appearance of being healthy. She should be kept warm and isolated so she can save her strength.

Have you felt her crop? Is it hard and full of food? She may have an impacted crop.

When you let her outside, it is more likely she is expending energy on the appearance of being healthy. She should be kept warm and isolated so she can save her strength.
She is in our shed with the heat lamp on her now

That's good. The worming and coccidia medicines that enola mentioned may be called something else in Canada. Is there a local byc person who knows what is available in Ontario? How long has it been that she is losing weight? How long ago did you notice the poopy/dirty rear end?

That's good. The worming and coccidia medicines that enola mentioned may be called something else in Canada. Is there a local byc person who knows what is available in Ontario? How long has it been that she is losing weight? How long ago did you notice the poopy/dirty rear end?
She has been losing weight for a little less than a week. I noticed the dirty rear end maybe 2 or 3 days ago. I studied her poop this morning and it was runny. We are going to get the supplies we need today

I am so glad to hear that! Good luck! We are pulling for her!
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom