Light Brahma?

Sienatiger

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 7, 2014
With the girls!
I got this supposed light brahma chick from Meyer hatchery. All of my previous light Brahmas were yellow as chicks. This one is nearly all black. Is this even a light Brahma? Also, Is it male or female?

Last edited:
I think it is a Light Brahma. I've seen them range from nearly solid yellow to nearly solid gray/black as chicks. To young to sex yet.

Last edited:
It really is too young, and people on here hate feather sexing unknown heritage chicks, but just for funsies, wing shape on this chick says male to me (if it were one of my, known heritage Easter eggers, I could say that with certainty).
But definitely wait to be sure.
And I agree that it could be a light Brahma. The color variance is there.

I got this supposed light brahma chick from Meyer hatchery. All of my previous light Brahmas were yellow as chicks. This one is nearly all black. Is this even a light Brahma? Also, Is it male or female?
Did you see my reply on your other thread with a series of pics showing a VERY similarly colored chick becoming whiter?
Please click on those pictures. Still too early to tell about gender. Your other thread post #2 .

It really is too young, and people on here hate feather sexing unknown heritage chicks, but just for funsies, wing shape on this chick says male to me (if it were one of my, known heritage Easter eggers, I could say that with certainty).
But definitely wait to be sure.
And I agree that it could be a light Brahma. The color variance is there.
Thanks so much! Its really interesting how you can tell by their wing shape. I actually ordered all females, so fingers crossed! He/she is the friendliest and bravest in this batch.
Thanks again!

Did you see my reply on your other thread with a series of pics showing a VERY similarly colored chick becoming whiter?
Please click on those pictures. Still too early to tell about gender. Your other thread post #2 .
Ahh I totally forgot that I made that thread when I made this one! LOL. Thanks so much! Now I certainly believe that he/she is a light Brahma. Your chickens are gorgeous btw
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom