Light Brahmas, I thought all 3 were cockerals, but what do you think

jtbrown

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
I thought all 3 of these were cockerals, but look at one of them with huge waddles, red comb/face, the next one is red face/comb, but little wattles, the 3rd pretty pale all the way around. Anyone who has these little guys who might be able to opinionate would be appreciated. Also to note the one with the dark red wattles/face/comb has irridescent tail feathers so I'm pretty sure male due to feathering, etc. But the others don't have saddle feathers and no irridescence to tail. Thanks for looking, oh, they were hatched March 26th or so this year, so bout 10 weeks or so.
84545_summer_2011_166.jpg

Note the "runt" of my 5 light brahmas, I had to put her in with the bantum brooder due to they were outgrowing their own brooder before our barn was finished. She thinks she is a bantum, eats well, mothers the bantums (she is on far left). Bantums and Brahmas bought within 4 days of each other, all "day old bin" at farm store. I sure hope she is a she.
hmm.png
They are now all integrated into the same part of my coop, but she still hangs with the bantums.
84545_summer_2011_173.jpg

Last edited:
I think all the light brahmas are hens, but the one on the right is a little questionable.

In the first picture there are two cockerels and one pullet. In the second picture, the light brahma looks like a pullet.

i'd say in the first picture the one on the left is a pullet, the middle one i'm not sure could swing either way but regards tail feathers, pointing towards pullet and the one on the right looks to be a roo.

Back
Top Bottom