Light-colored Melanistic Mutant pheasant?

Ahhh, lovely choice! What mutations did you manage to get ahold of?

Too bad we aren't within attainable driving distance, seeing as I have an influx of young zebras my breeding pairs hatched out. Nice mutations with interesting recessives, too, but I'm giving up on my breeding program for the time being.

Funny you mention that, the only green vittles my cockatiel has shown any interest in is cilantro. I'll try parsley next time!

Oh, the embarrassment we bird parents go through for our "children"..... :lol:
Oh and I’m the crazy one that keeps coturnix and pheasant together……while it’s had challenges at times, everyone gets along well!

Good question. I've never seen them, I'm going to check them out tomorrow. I asked to be put on the waiting list for whatever kind of zebras they could get their hands on, up to and including the hooved kind. :p
Does BYC have a finch thread? It should.

You should start one!!!!!

@BantyChooks No worries, I brought this stuff up! :lol: But since you created a finch thread, I'll continue my chatter there.
Oh and I’m the crazy one that keeps coturnix and pheasant together……while it’s had challenges at times, everyone gets along well!
Oh my, I take it your pheasants are pretty docile? :D I love success stories....not everything you read online that's "impossible" is actually impossible.

@BantyChooks No worries, I brought this stuff up! :lol: But since you created a finch thread, I'll continue my chatter there.

Oh my, I take it your pheasants are pretty docile? :D I love success stories....not everything you read online that's "impossible" is actually impossible.
Ringneck……but I raised them all with the quail.

No....not impossible but almost where ringnecked's are concerned! :gig

I don’t think I’ve ever noticed any of mine hissing!!!! They pop over for treat time and then just move away from me.
Raise enough of them....eventually you'll get a 'hisser'! ;) At that young of age, it's just a game for them but sometimes it carries over into adulthood. Keep an eye on them if your brooding several together, though, they can be aggressive towards their brooder mates.

Back
Top Bottom