Light Sussex hatching eggs or shipped chicks

Rlmp817

Songster
5 Years
Mar 24, 2018
Atascadero, CA
Hello!
I am in California, USA & am searching for light sussex chicks to no avail.
Does anyone have some pure hatching egg or chicks they are able to sell?
(I have seen a few from the smaller, boutique hatcheries, but am checking here before going that route.)

Hello!
I am in California, USA & am searching for light sussex chicks to no avail.
Does anyone have some pure hatching egg or chicks they are able to sell?
(I have seen a few from the smaller, boutique hatcheries, but am checking here before going that route.)
Chicks are a better bargain than eggs all day long if you can find someone who will guarantee live delivery. Shipped eggs have very reduced hatching rates, depending on how far they are coming and no guarantee.

Lots of avian influenza and other poultry diseases going on in the US right now.. please seek an NPIP source and get them vaccinated against Marek's.

Greenfire Farms has excellent customer service though their chicks are not sexed, They always send at least one (or two) extra chick per breed ordered, and have a small minimum and decent availability.. Their chicks always arrive in good condition also.. meaning well packed for shipping.

https://greenfirefarms.com/light_sussex.html

No, they're not cheap.. but they do carry some of the more rare breeds.

Hope this helps some! :wee

The seller did great, shipped on time and well packaged. Unfortunately the postal service took 6 days to get them to me and the eggs had varying levels of air cell damage. After 9 days I had 1 with a blood ring, and nothing in the rest. I chalk this up to the age of the eggs by the time they got to me combined with the air cell damage. Apparently TX to MN was a little too much to expect from the postal service. The way it goes sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom