Light With Remote Control

FredSG

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 12, 2014
Hello,

Thought I'd pass this idea along . . . maybe its been already posted, so sorry if it's a repeat or been done before.

I have a florescent lamp in my chicken run. I turn it on just to lengthen daylight during the Winter months here in Maine.
I just got tired of going into the run to turn the light on and off. So I started looking for a better way to control this light.

I found these remote switches on Amazon. It consists of two parts the plug in switch and the remote control. You just plug
the switch into your outlet, and then insert the lamp fixture plug into the switch and that's it. The remote has an off and on
button. Here is a link to the remote. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JW5SDZD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works great and works even if the outlet is out of sight or blocked by a wall from your view.

Just tried the remote from inside my home and the coop is about 30 feet away . . . clicked the light on, and off. No problems.

FredSG

Last edited:
Aart,

I've done the timer routine, but using the remote, I can check on my chickens at any time I want to . . . the timer is set for specific times, usually just two different times. If I hear a strange noise or suspect an animal is near my chicken coop, I can put the light on, no matter what time it is and see what's going on.

FredSG.

Aart,

I've done the timer routine, but using the remote, I can check on my chickens at any time I want to . . . the timer is set for specific times, usually just two different times. If I hear a strange noise or suspect an animal is near my chicken coop, I can put the light on, no matter what time it is and see what's going on.

FredSG.
Oh, so you already have timed light for laying....this is a different light for 'trouble'?

Back
Top Bottom