Lights in the coop that AREN"T for egg production?

223 / 5.56 seems to be the go to round.. Or 224 valkyrie 😈😈

we are talking about daily carry for anytime going ANYWHERE in the greater new orleans area right ....
It's like any size town ( or even in the sticks). You just have to know your surroundings. I would be more nervous in Baton Rouge but I haven't lived there in years.
" I don't always carry, but when I do, I like cartridge that starts with 4." :)

Last edited:
Is this a thing that people do? Do the chickens like the coop as is (with natural light from windows, pop door, and vents, but still pretty dark) or would they be happier if they had a light in the coop to make it brighter during the day? I don't want to be forcing egg laying through winter, just wondering if chickens like a brighter coop better.
I did it in winter when they were young to help them learn to go into roost . Now days are so long they aren't in coop except to sleep on roost. Mine is pretty dark too.

Thanks captain obvious 🙂
Thank you for the opportunity to clarify for those with only 15 years of memory.
White light LEDs have only been commercially viable since 2018.
Since 1974 I have worked with Neon, incandescent, halon, fluorescent, sodium vapor, mercury vapor, CFL, LED & laser.
I am a third generation IBEW Journey Wireman with 47 years experience. For 12 years I was a HVAC contractor working with building automation (pre-computer) electrical and pneumatic. (@MTR Ever work with a pneumatic computer?)

Thank you for the opportunity to clarify for those with only 15 years of memory.
Since 1974 I have worked with Neon, incandescent, halon, fluorescent, sodium vapor, mercury vapor, CFL, LED & laser.
I am a third generation IBEW Journey Wireman with 47 years experience. For 12 years I was a HVAC contractor working with building automation (pre-computer) electrical and pneumatic. (@MTR Ever work with a pneumatic computer?)
A pneumatic computer sounds like it has a virus.

Hey there sparky question? How hot (fire hazard) are non led's rope lights? I have some never been used red ones I thought about using somewhere ? Let me know your thoughts plz

Hey there sparky question? How hot (fire hazard) are non led's rope lights? I have some never been used red ones I thought about using somewhere ? Let me know your thoughts plz
The non-leds are going to definitely be hotter and draw more power. If you use them, be sure there not against anything flammable (wood, plastic, etc) and be sure there is enough power.
Sorry. I forgot to hit 'Post reply". :rolleyes:

Clarification; If you are going to use incandesant ( non-LEDs) follow these rules.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom