Like a Old Western Hanging Mob

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had twenty minutes time to call the police, why didnt he? BUt back to the Trayvon Martin casse. We have to see all the facts before we can judge. Its easy to pick sides when one pic shows a 13 year old in a foot ball jersey and the other a fat unshaven mexican looking dude with what seems a orange prison jumps suit. It would be different if we would see the same man clean shaven in a suit and Trayvon with a wife beater shirt and saggy pants.
I really don't think how they show a picture matters as much as the strange facts that are coming out about some guy who is not a cop roaming a neighborhood and eventually shooting someone. Why would it make it okay to shoot Trayvon is he wore saggy pants? Why is showing the guy in a suit make him more credible? You have to listen to the facts and ignore "looks". You can't judge a book by its cover.

I have never seen gated communities, but how hard is it to get into them?

depends, honestly. I've seen some that leave the "gate" open 24/7. Some that have a gate across the driveway, but no fence around the property. Some have a gate and a guard that sits at the gate. I don't know this community personally, so I don't know what kind of a setup they have.

I lived in a gated communit so to speak in Florida. The one we lived in didnt have a fence around . It had stone pillar to the left and right of the entrance , but no gate. One day , we were just moving out the cops actually chased a guy right by our house. I went back last summer while on vacation to see how it looked now. It was all run down, with nasty lawns. and stains on the driveway.

depends, honestly. I've seen some that leave the "gate" open 24/7. Some that have a gate across the driveway, but no fence around the property. Some have a gate and a guard that sits at the gate. I don't know this community personally, so I don't know what kind of a setup they have.

Worked security in gated communities. Always had to giggle. Generally, one could just step over the "gate".

Not sure how they all are, and I'm sure they vary vastly geographically speaking. But, the ones I worked at DC had a couple of genuine/nice/normal/etc. people...and then an amazingly dense proportion of walking personality disorders. Racism was blatant (have stories...probably not appropriate to repeat them), as was a sense of entitlement in the *particular* ones I was in. This was the case from the under million dollar home communities, to the million to billion dollar communities. Husband and I later worked with some of their kids in a therapy program geared towards wealthier groups (No..not equating wealth to mental disorders. Plenty enough of that to go around in all classes). Small world.

Generally, people wanted rules...but didn't want to follow them. People would take it upon themselves to cruise around in their cars as "neighborhood watch". Not sure if they also took it upon themselves to carry guns. Several times, residents from the more expensive communities came through the security gate drunk and/or drugged out of their minds (Yes. While driving) ...Police in the area were told. It was never addressed. I was sooooo happy when I was able to quit that whole gig.
th.gif
But basically, certainly things did occur in that environment that would not have been so easy to get away with in other environments.

Not familiar with this particular story, so can't say one way or the other what my impression of it would be, or if that was remotely the case here. Just found it interesting to see "gated community" and "some guy who is not a cop roaming the neighborhood" pop up. Brought back memories for sure.

Last edited:
Worked security in gated communities. Always had to giggle. Generally, one could just step over the "gate".

Not sure how they all are, and I'm sure they vary vastly geographically speaking. But, the ones I worked at DC had a couple of genuine/nice/normal/etc. people...and then an amazingly dense proportion of walking personality disorders. Racism was blatant (have stories...probably not appropriate to repeat them), as was a sense of entitlement in the *particular* ones I was in. This was the case from the under million dollar home communities, to the million to billion dollar communities. Husband and I later worked with some of their kids in a therapy program geared towards wealthier groups (No..not equating wealth to mental disorders. Plenty enough of that to go around in all classes). Small world.

Generally, people wanted rules...but didn't want to follow them. People would take it upon themselves to cruise around in their cars as "neighborhood watch". Not sure if they also took it upon themselves to carry guns. Several times, residents from the more expensive communities came through the security gate drunk and/or drugged out of their minds (Yes. While driving) ...Police in the area were told. It was never addressed. I was sooooo happy when I was able to quit that whole gig.
th.gif
But basically, certainly things did occur in that environment that would not have been so easy to get away with in other environments.

Not familiar with this particular story, so can't say one way or the other what my impression of it would be, or if that was remotely the case here. Just found it interesting to see "gated community" and "some guy who is not a cop roaming the neighborhood" pop up. Brought back memories for sure.

Oh man I know what you mean. When I was catering the higher up you go, the worse the customers usually are. Once I catered to the supreme justices of Alabama under my instructor and owner of the catering company, and while the justices were really nice, some of the other guests were NOT.

Then when we catered an event that hosted former vice president Chaney, these wealthy people would act like we were dirt under their boots. This one couple brought some unruly kids that ran around, grabbing food off of other people's plates, and being obnoxious. We're talking about an event that cost more money than my monthly house payment to even attend.

Chaney was polite, though distracted with prepping for his speech.

And the Racism. OMG. I was shocked at some of these wealthy highly educated people who would say the most vile things about women and minorities.

Not all were that way, but I certainly experienced more nastiness from wealthier customers than from middle class ones. I loved to cater but I hated dealing with the people at times.

Boy i could tell some stories!

What is interesting though, is the people I had the most fun serving were the Monks at the Ave Maria Grotto/St. Bernards. They cracked me up! Those Monks were funny! I loved the spirited discussions with them too. No one cared I was pagan, in fact it made for some nice prompt and honest discussions. Ok I'm going off on a tangent here.

<tangent> I generally find monks and nuns of various religions to be...pretty dang awesome. Don't know why that is, but that has definitely been my experience too!

Ah man, swap me some stories over PMs sometime. I bet yours are every bit as amusing/frightening as mine! The thing that really interested me was that some of the nastiest people we'd run into didn't have money themselves (either married/born into it so had controlled money coming in from family or a spouse, or couldn't actually afford their houses...and furniture for them...and eventually lost said houses, etc.), but the important thing to them was having other people think that they did. It was really just a soul-shrinking experience. So sorry you had to go through the same...including that horrible feeling of being viewed as less than human. </tangent>

Last edited:
Sure, let's wait until the investigation is complete before coming to any conclusions, but here is what we know:

1. This incident took place over a month ago and the police had no intention of investigating anything until there was a public uproar.
2. Only one of the players is alive and he is an obvious vigilantly type who carried a gun and pursued the dead guy who has nothing to say.
3. The alive guy loved playing cop and only went after the dead one because he was black. To him, based on his previous calls, ever young black kid was suspicious.
4. Come live here (as I do) and then if you can say that this is not based on race then you had it easy for a week
5. The kid is dead and did nothing to deserve to die.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
What evidence? His word against the dead kid's word? What about all the errors in the investigation? Why did the police chief get a vote of no confidence? If the police were doing their jobs we wouldn't be in this mess. I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how you can chase down a kid and shoot him to death and not even get taken to the police station. He felt threatened? The man has a good 100 pounds on the kid. I don't buy it. You can paint any picture you want when the victim is dead.
None of those are true,

Try to learn the facts instead of just making it up as you go

Yes, 100 lbs means it was a 6 ft, 160 lb teenager fighting a 5'9" 260 lb 28 year old fat guy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom