Likelihood that California will ban the sale of chickens?

Don't worry about it yet. It seems completely impossible to me. And besides, if they ban owning chickens, people will be angry, and protest. You can always apply for an exception to rules like that if you have diagnosed anxiety disorder, and the chickens make you feel better, they basicaly have to let you have them. It'll be ok.

If the state of California bans the private ownership of poultry, what will happen to chicken restaurants such as KFC and Popeyes? Will they ban the consumption of chicken too?

Very likely. As they are trying to ban butchering animals for food, in a few states, why would anyone think they wouldn't try to ban selling them?

There's no legal attempt to ban ownership of poultry or other livestock here in CA, or to ban butchering animals for food. A few fringe groups like PETA may have that on their to-do list (everywhere, not just California) but it gets Zero traction with the public and electeds. Far from it, there's huge support for pasture-raised and free-range livestock & poultry, more stringent animal welfare rules for food-production ag businesses than in most if not all other states. I live in a rural area with lots of grass-fed beef, pork, lamb, poultry, dairy and egg producers who are thriving, not under any such threat. My neighbors range from local farmers market producers to regional/ statewide animal product producers who would know if any such move was afoot that had any credibility. 'Nuff said, not wading into this mess again.

Back
Top Bottom