Lilly's new jacket (saddle)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kaybats, Jan 27, 2012.

1. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    While I sit here hoping Molly will return, I can show you the new jacket I made for Lilly.

About a week ago I noticed that the feathers on Lilly's back were thinning. Evidently, she is Leroy's favorite. I pulled out Storey's Guide and found a pattern.

She HATED it at first, still does I suspect, but at least she is tolerating it.

[​IMG]

I used a pair of someday-I'll-fit-into-these-again jeansand leftover scraps of elastic ( I don't throw away crafty scraps---I always find some kind of use for 'em!) so in essence it cost me nothing but a little idle time!

2. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Awe poor thing, she looks so embarrassed XD

3. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Yes! I think she was! She was hiding out back there quite a bit and wouldn't budge. then high tailed it under the coop ramp. Whenever she moved somewhere she scurried...like she didn't want anyone to see her! She's much better now. I know she doesn't like it, but the bald spot was worse than I thought when I got a closer look. She would soon have been injured had I not done it.

I check her every day and her feathers are coming in nicely. Not as quickly as I would like, though!

4. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Awe lol, im sure she will eventually thank you!

5. Allygirl

Allygirl Out Of The Brooder

Molly: "OK I warned you now you lose your whole hand!"
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by