Lily & Tulip - Are they girls?

memechick

Songster
8 Years
Jun 13, 2012
Concord, NH
I was told Lily & Tulip came from the same hatch ... they are 9 weeks old but Lily is a lot bigger than Tulip ....... I was told they are EE's. I hope they are both girls! Is it too soon to tell?

Tulip

Lily

Huh, I'm not an expert. They seem to have the wrong color legs and shape combs to be EE's. They're barred, too. Can't wait to see everyone's opinion on these.

Huh, I'm not an expert. They seem to have the wrong color legs and shape combs to be EE's. They're barred, too. Can't wait to see everyone's opinion on these.
Hmmm ...... I was told they were going to lay blue or green eggs! LOL But I'm very new to chickens and this wouldn't surprise me. Let's hope that they are at least both girls.

their combs are way to big and way to red to be pullets i'm sorry. at about 13+ weeks their saddle feathers should start to be visible and their hackles should start looking more like a cockerels and then there are the sickle feathers on the tail that will be longer and curved more than the rest of the tail. if you need a pic of these feathers i am talking about just let me know i have a labeled pic on another computer i could put up.

Both boys, sorry. Looks like someone was mixing easter eggers with barred rocks--they both have beards?

If you're looking for colored eggs, keep in mind the blue egg gene is closely linked to a pea comb, so keep that in mind when choosing your next birds. If there were supposed to be pullets contact the seller and give them a chance to right things for you. If there was no guarantee, well, bummer.

Both boys, someone pulled a good one on ya, sorry
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom