1 dark Brahma and 1 buff lace brahma

HeiHei3

In the Brooder
Nov 9, 2023
Hello also, I purchased two chicks from a private hatchery, and was told these two were hatched on the same day. They are roughly 10 days old. Are they the same age because one seems extremely bigger than the other, and I never own chickens before

The first pic they were 3 days old and the cage pic is today 10 days old

Attachments

• IMG_5792.jpeg
    IMG_5792.jpeg
    417.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6005.jpeg
    IMG_6005.jpeg
    533 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5996.jpeg
    IMG_5996.jpeg
    431 KB · Views: 10
Here is another picture from today 10 days old.
One has feathers already and the buff lace Brahma has none.

I was told they were both girls . I hope they are right

Attachments

• IMG_6023.jpeg
    IMG_6023.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Here is another picture from today 10 days old.
One has feathers already and the buff lace Brahma has none.

I was told they were both girls . I hope they are right
The buff laced looks fine, and it does have wing feathers starting to come in, so that is a good sign. If they seem happy and healthy and are eating and drinking, then there is no cause for concern that I can see.

I kind of question whether the darker one actually is a dark Brahma. It could be, but looks different from the pattern of most DB chicks I have seen.

The buff laced looks fine, and it does have wing feathers starting to come in, so that is a good sign. If they seem happy and healthy and are eating and drinking, then there is no cause for concern that I can see.

I kind of question whether the darker one actually is a dark Brahma. It could be, but looks different from the pattern of most DB chicks I have seen.
Omg you were right .. it’s a gold partridge Brahma

I am thinking they could have hatched the same day and you have a female and male - the smaller one would be the female.
Our they almost look 2-3 days apart - I got two chicks one time from Tractor Supply and one was GL Wyandotte and the was BLR Wyandotte. Sadly the BLR Wyandotte was a male. What I am trying to say in this is that most of the time when you have 2 chicks born on the same day and one is twice as big as the other one - most likely it is a male! :rolleyes:

I am thinking they could have hatched the same day and you have a female and male - the smaller one would be the female.
Our they almost look 2-3 days apart - I got two chicks one time from Tractor Supply and one was GL Wyandotte and the was BLR Wyandotte. Sadly the BLR Wyandotte was a male. What I am trying to say in this is that most of the time when you have 2 chicks born on the same day and one is twice as big as the other one - most likely it is a male! :rolleyes:
I have been trying to do some comparisons online but I noticed that they all look different. The bigger one has a different personality than the small one. The bigger one pecks at me but not aggressively, it also seems more dominant.
the smaller one never pecks at me and she’s so calm ..

I really don’t know what to expect . I don’t live in a farm or anything I just wanted the chicken for the eggs and for them to be pets as a part of the family . So I came into this without any knowledge of owning chickens

Back
Top Bottom