Limping chicken and belly rash

hollyclark04

Chirping
Apr 24, 2019
Hi everyone- I have a barred rock who I just noticed is limping on left foot. Picked her up to look for Bumblefoot, no visible scans or anything on her foot but noticed a belly rash? She is healthy otherwise, alert, active, eating. Any ideas? What should i do?

Attachments

• 58473C90-8DA9-40E3-B22D-1A8B64898047.jpeg
    58473C90-8DA9-40E3-B22D-1A8B64898047.jpeg
    507 KB · Views: 21
  • 2669838C-1491-4E37-805B-E2CC6B355B79.jpeg
    2669838C-1491-4E37-805B-E2CC6B355B79.jpeg
    579.7 KB · Views: 8
Is she limping on the right foot? Has she been sleeping on the ground or roosting with her flock? Does her right ankle or foot appear swollen?

I had that happen once to a hen, was a combination of molting and an over zealous young cockerel with raging hormones, so she was staying down in the hay more and had gotten mites, not a fun combination to deal with all at once as was still pretty hot during the day so where she was missing feathers was getting sunburned, felt so sorry for her, she was in there for about a week before she could be put back with the flock, used Vetrycin spray, and some neosporin on it as a preventative besides complete coop clean out and dusting with sevin, I didn't see them but after dusting she started to do better. and of course week in hospital ward she wasn't out in the sun

Is she limping on the right foot? Has she been sleeping on the ground or roosting with her flock? Does her right ankle or foot appear swollen?
She was definitely favoring the right leg and barely putting pressure on the left, I think the angle of the picture makes that look worse. She appears to be walking fine now, need to check her belly again tonight. Honestly hard to pick her out from the rest when she is not limping

I had that happen once to a hen, was a combination of molting and an over zealous young cockerel with raging hormones, so she was staying down in the hay more and had gotten mites, not a fun combination to deal with all at once as was still pretty hot during the day so where she was missing feathers was getting sunburned, felt so sorry for her, she was in there for about a week before she could be put back with the flock, used Vetrycin spray, and some neosporin on it as a preventative besides complete coop clean out and dusting with sevin, I didn't see them but after dusting she started to do better. and of course week in hospital ward she wasn't out in the sun
Thank you, I think it will be a good idea to separate her into a new clean location and monitor at least.

Back
Top Bottom