Limping chicken that keeps yawning

No new chickens in the flock, they are the new ones. I have 3 Americanas that are 2 years old. Bought these as chicks from a hatchery.
So you have 3 older Ams from a hatchery that you raised from chicks, plus how many others 6 months olds that came from where?

Where any of these vaccinated for Marek's?

So you have 3 older Ams from a hatchery that you raised from chicks, plus how many others 6 months olds that came from where?

Where any of these vaccinated for Marek's?
They were not vaccinated and I got all of them from Tractor Supply online. I bought 18 chicks and of those 5 have died of no apparent reason. The three older ones came from Ideal Hatchery also with no vaccination and I started with 12. Three of those I think died of sour craw. Maybe the others also died of Mareks. So sad, I love my little birds. I washed the coop down with Clorox water. Changed out the shavings. I do the deep litter method which in the past has been excellent until I bought so many chickens. More poop. I turn the shavings over daily and have a small fan going pointed at the shavings to dry out wet poop. The flies and mosquitoes are out of control. Looks like they have dry pox also. Black and yellow spots on their combs. I put frankincense essential oil in their water. It's suppose to kill tumors so if they are going to die anyway it can't hurt.

They were not vaccinated and I got all of them from Tractor Supply online. I bought 18 chicks and of those 5 have died of no apparent reason. The three older ones came from Ideal Hatchery also with no vaccination and I started with 12. Three of those I think died of sour craw. Maybe the others also died of Mareks. So sad, I love my little birds. I washed the coop down with Clorox water. Changed out the shavings. I do the deep litter method which in the past has been excellent until I bought so many chickens. More poop. I turn the shavings over daily and have a small fan going pointed at the shavings to dry out wet poop. The flies and mosquitoes are out of control. Looks like they have dry pox also. Black and yellow spots on their combs. I put frankincense essential oil in their water. It's suppose to kill tumors so if they are going to die anyway it can't hurt.
I am so sorry but it does sound like Marek's too.
What state are you in?

I am so sorry but it does sound like Marek's too.
What state are you in?
Texas. It was a very hot summer and I thought maybe I lost a couple due to heat even though they have access to all kinds of water. We even ran a sprinkler for them when it was over 100. Well, big lesson learned always vaccinate. I'll not bring in anymore till these have all passed. Wonder how long it takes so the ground is not contaminated and what could be done to clean it? I have used borax in gardening to clean soil of contamination. Do you have a protocol on what to do now.

Texas. It was a very hot summer and I thought maybe I lost a couple due to heat even though they have access to all kinds of water. We even ran a sprinkler for them when it was over 100. Well, big lesson learned always vaccinate. I'll not bring in anymore till these have all passed. Wonder how long it takes so the ground is not contaminated and what could be done to clean it? I have used borax in gardening to clean soil of contamination. Do you have a protocol on what to do now.
First thing is to send one to our state lab...I'll be right back with a direct link...so you know for sure what you are dealing with.
It could really be anything but knowing will help set up a game plan. Brb.

Back
Top Bottom