Limping chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bkelly210, Oct 11, 2016.

1. bkelly210

bkelly210 New Egg

Oct 11, 2016
    OK so I've read multiple threads about this. I have a hen that's limping started a couple days ago, she'll walk,scratch and put pressure on it. I've checked her leg, pulled on it and felt around...also no scab on foot, I've also added aspirin to her water. I'm thinking she just jumped out of the coup wrong but is there anything else I need to do. These are my last two girls, I just lost one I've had for 4 years...so I just don't want to lose another right now! Thanks for suggestions

2. Days poultry

Days poultry Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2016
    Hi i dont think you need to worry that wont kill her my one hen did that she got right in about a month . are you going to add any new hens to your flock

3. MrsBrooke

MrsBrooke Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2014
    Magnolia, Texas
    Welcome to BYC, bkelly210. :)

I am sorry for your earlier loss. It sounds like you are doing a great job with your limping mama, though!

I'd keep an eye on her. If the limp doesn't go away in a week or two, it could be worth checking again.

Do you see her having any trouble keeping up with everyone else? Is she still eating and drinking normally?

Is her abdomen swollen at all? How are her poops? Still laying?

MrsB

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by