Good documentation!
The video shows your hen spreading her toes and putting her weight on her foot....even with the limp.
Would think a sprain or hard landing like others have voiced.
You could let her soak her foot in Epsom salt. May even give her a baby aspirin for her pain.
The liquid poop could be a relation to her current stress.

Thank you very much! This is very helpful!! I will keep an eye on her and give her a soak and get some baby aspirin if she’s not better today.

She flew down this ramp, or at least like half of it, launched off it from halfway down, into the run earlier so I guess she’s feeling better. :lol::rolleyes:

She seems to be using her leg more too although all of them were laying down this morning. And she still appears to have a very slight limp but she appears more mobile and a little bit faster. I think I will still soak her leg just in case and just cause it might help a bit. Might skip the aspirin, she doesn’t seem to be in as much pain now.

And maybe a little pain is good so she doesn’t pull anymore stunts like this. :rolleyes:

I actually wonder if she may have launched off the ramp before too and that’s how she injured herself...

Silly chicken.

This time she landed like in the middle of the run (6 by 12) so she flew a long way lol

Big dummy. :lol:

1230D9DF-09EE-4D87-89F0-1E6373491DC6.jpeg FE718CEA-80BC-4606-BD4D-054A826425D3.jpeg 80908631-E483-43B9-8C85-38303D490FCD.jpeg

Low dose 81 mg aspirin used to be called baby aspirin, but since aspirin is never given to children anymore, the name has changed. There is some thought that giving aspirin to a chicken with an injury may mask pain and make them do too much. Hopefully she has improved, but you would want her to not be too active if there is a sprain. Good luck.

Low dose 81 mg aspirin used to be called baby aspirin, but since aspirin is never given to children anymore, the name has changed. There is some thought that giving aspirin to a chicken with an injury may mask pain and make them do too much. Hopefully she has improved, but you would want her to not be too active if there is a sprain. Good luck.

Ah okay. That makes sense. Thank you!! I might not give it to her then as that is a very good point but did buy it anyway just in case. Gonna at least give her a spa treatment. :lau :D

Back
Top Bottom