Limping Chicken

To me, it sure does look like it, but @Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive do know better
Also in the fist pic where her foot is more open — does it look like an injury/swelling near her “thumb” toe? She seemed to pull back more when I examined that area.

I soaked it in Epsom salts again tonight then massaged all the toes & feet pads with balm and put some antibiotic ointment on the bumble area and put her to bed right up on the roost. Didn’t wrap it today she’d clearly had enough handling.

Also in the fist pic where her foot is more open — does it look like an injury/swelling near her “thumb” toe? She seemed to pull back more when I examined that area.

I soaked it in Epsom salts again tonight then massaged all the toes & feet pads with balm and put some antibiotic ointment on the bumble area and put her to bed right up on the roost. Didn’t wrap it today she’d clearly had enough handling.
I think that was a good idea. She should be better tomorrow morning, and hopefully by then the geniuses would have answered. I do wish you the best of luck!

@azygous @Eggcessive @Overo Mare @cmom @MysteryChicken @BigBlueHen53

Hmmm I’d really rather something less invasive. She doesn’t like being held. I can’t imagine bringing her to the vet for a surgery.
I do it at home. Lots of us here do the surgery at home.

I'm sure someone who knows how to fix it without surgery will pop in.

Bumblefoot surgery isn't really "surgery" most of the time. You soak the feet to make the scabs soft, about fifteen minutes in Epsom salts, and then scrape the scabs off with your thumbnail. Most of the time, the pus plug comes out attached to the scab as it's removed.

Then wash well with soap and water, dry, and pack the wounds with antibacterial ointment, and bandage to keep out dirt. Check in two days, and repeat if it's not healing.

Back
Top Bottom