E56B9EFF-8491-46F3-AE88-F3CD75CF9617.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 0EA8FD6D-5CD2-496A-A228-BD404C2C4951.jpeg
    0EA8FD6D-5CD2-496A-A228-BD404C2C4951.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 0DE87CD8-0148-4CBD-8A38-7C64240096AA.jpeg
    0DE87CD8-0148-4CBD-8A38-7C64240096AA.jpeg
    344.5 KB · Views: 6
I think the first step is to soak the foot in an epsom salt bath for a bit (I think I read that it should soak for 15-20 minutes). Then you should probably wrap the foot with gauze or vetwrap with an antibacterial ointment. If you can’t get the wrap to stay on, keep her in a pet carrier on a clean towel with a bit of water and some food. I hope she gets better

I think the first step is to soak the foot in an epsom salt bath for a bit (I think I read that it should soak for 15-20 minutes). Then you should probably wrap the foot with gauze or vetwrap with an antibacterial ointment. If you can’t get the wrap to stay on, keep her in a pet carrier on a clean towel with a bit of water and some food. I hope she gets better
I hope she gets better too! I’ll have to start the bath and wraps tomorrow. Is neosporin okay for the antibacterial ointment?

I agree, that there is some mild Bumblefoot going on, but In my opinion, I doubt its the "sole" cause of the limp given the slight progression of the Bumble, I'd also be more inclined to think that way, if the limping was very sudden.

To treat the Bumble, soak her feet in Epsom salt for as long as you can stand (Make sure she doesn't drink the water since Epsom Salts will cause diarrhea if ingested), once the core is loosened up, secure her with a towel, take a sharp scalpel and a pair of tweezers and gently try to get the black core out(many videos online regarding this). Once the core is out, apply an antibacterial ointment, bandage the foot, and keep her off of anything really dirty until its healed. While a lot of the times bumblefoot can't be prevented, its always a good idea to look up the possible causes, and try to better prevent it from happening again.

Ok, as for the leg. Does it feel warm? Was it sudden?

I agree, that there is some mild Bumblefoot going on, but In my opinion, I doubt its the "sole" cause of the limp given the slight progression of the Bumble, I'd also be more inclined to think that way, if the limping was very sudden.

To treat the Bumble, soak her feet in Epsom salt for as long as you can stand (Make sure she doesn't drink the water since Epsom Salts will cause diarrhea if ingested), once the core is loosened up, secure her with a towel, take a sharp scalpel and a pair of tweezers and gently try to get the black core out(many videos online regarding this). Once the core is out, apply an antibacterial ointment, bandage the foot, and keep her off of anything really dirty until its healed. While a lot of the times bumblefoot can't be prevented, its always a good idea to look up the possible causes, and try to better prevent it from happening again.

Ok, as for the leg. Does it feel warm? Was it sudden?
The limp seemed sudden. I didn’t spend a lot of time with her today. I let her out in the AM, and she was fine. I was out and about all day and noticed the limping in the afternoon when I took some banana and peas out to them. The leg feels a little warm.

Back
Top Bottom