Limping duck

katharinad

Overrun with chickens
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
Southern Oregon Mountains
Whity is limping. Can't find anything wrong with the leg and she can still kick hard and heavy. I assume she tripped somewhere in the snow and strained her leg. Perhaps she slipped on some of the icy puddles out there. She is now isolated with a body while the rest of the pack is still out free ranging. They cannot see each other, and they are all unhappy about it. The girls have been racking up a loud storm forwards and backward. They are making sure that everyone is still around. I can't put her into the outdoor free ranging area or she will walk all day. The boy makes the girls move all day. I hope the rest will help her. She looks so sad limping around.

I still have lucky ducky and her pal in the isolation room and have now added two chickens just to keep them "happy". Since they can hear the others they are not happy about being stuck in their room but... Lucky is still limping. I think if she continues this way I will end up putting her with the others anyway and see what happens. But Lucky Ducky has been in recovery for a LONG time, I believe we are on week 4 and she spent two weeks in the house in a dog kennel.

I hope you duck recovers faster than Lucky.

Back
Top Bottom