Limping, lethargic chicken

Still no change this morning, but a HEAP of poo, dark green with a small amount of white. I've oiled and tried as hard as I could to get around the egg. Is it normal for the egg to be sitting below the vent?

Aside from draining/removing the egg, is there anything more I could be doing? I don't think needles are readily available in Australia, and definitely not in a small town on a Sunday.

Have you been giving her warm baths? Have you given her at least 500mg of calcium?

Baths - yes. Maybe I need a hotter one? How warm can they be?

Calcium - I didn't have any calcium tablets, so I've been adding a multivitamin to her tickets every day. Each tablet has 210mg of calcium, and it's been 3 or 4 days she's had it? So definitely over 500 mg. I could ask my mum if she has some calcium tablets and give her more? She's also been having yoghurt for the past 3 days, so there would be calcium in that?

You don't want them any warmer than you could tolerate. And if she starts to pant, she's too hot. You might need to do this several times a day. As for the calcium, I only really know what's worked for me. What kind of oil are you using?

You don't want them any warmer than you could tolerate. And if she starts to pant, she's too hot. You might need to do this several times a day. As for the calcium, I only really know what's worked for me. What kind of oil are you using?

I only had olive oil, but then I saw someone said its bad to use? I don't have any other kind.

I don't really know if there is a different opening? But the hole I opened had the egg right inside it. If I open it up, I can see the egg, and also feel around the bottom half of it.

She has still not laid it. I think I will end up losing her.
:(

I only had olive oil, but then I saw someone said its bad to use? I don't have any other kind.

I don't really know if there is a different opening? But the hole I opened had the egg right inside it. If I open it up, I can see the egg, and also feel around the bottom half of it.

She has still not laid it. I think I will end up losing her.
:(
I guess olive oil would be better than nothing, but I use OB lube, it's like KY Jelly

If you can see the egg, I think you can get it out. Don't give up yet! Try all of the things that I have mentioned, Calcium, D, steam baths, warm water soaks, etc.

I usually have olive oil around the house. Casportpony, OB Lube? I wish I could say I had that, but most of the time, I need something right away and grab whatever is available.

I think it's safe to say that before euthanizing her, just break the egg. If it''s that far down, her chances of infection are probably lower than if it was high up. Breaking the egg may save her.

Shoot, I would have used Crisco if I had it,
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom