Limping possible bumble foot not sure

Apr 27, 2020
Hi my pekin ducks had had a niacin deficiency and all of a sudden she started limping again so I thought she had it again but I think she might have bumblefoot now and I’m worried she seems fine except for her limp and sometimes she will just stand there for a few seconds just on her other foot also I tried the salt bath just in case and she stayed in for 10 minutes then got out so i am not sure but please help

Attachments

• 26D7FB43-1907-4247-90D9-304EBEED1858.jpeg
    26D7FB43-1907-4247-90D9-304EBEED1858.jpeg
    642.8 KB · Views: 12
I am almost certain that is bumble foot, but in a very high condition. In much lower cases I would recommend Vetricyn, but this is very high case. I would assume that there is an abscess in her foot. I know there are videos on how to remove the mass with a scalpel, but have never done it myself. I don't know that much about this serious of a case, but, @Isaac0, might.
Good luck, Avery

I am almost certain that is bumble foot, but in a very high condition. In much lower cases I would recommend Vetricyn, but this is very high case. I would assume that there is an abscess in her foot. I know there are videos on how to remove the mass with a scalpel, but have never done it myself. I don't know that much about this serious of a case, but, @Isaac0, might.
Good luck, Avery

I don't think your tag worked, but anyway., she got answers on this thread.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/bumble-foot.1397792/

Back
Top Bottom