Limping, possibly broke?

Jun 5, 2022
Hey guys, as we know it’s pumpkin season. My flock got one and it bounced and rolled hitting one of my girls sides. She’s screeched out and immediately started limping. Her tail is down and breathing rapidly. I’ve felt around on her but don’t feel anything but that doesn’t mean much. My son is keeping an eye on her with the others to make sure they don’t go after her. Do I need to do anything? This is my first major injury!

Attachments

• IMG_4951.jpeg
    IMG_4951.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4952.jpeg
    IMG_4952.jpeg
    422 KB · Views: 6
Hey guys, as we know it’s pumpkin season. My flock got one and it bounced and rolled hitting one of my girls sides. She’s screeched out and immediately started limping. Her tail is down and breathing rapidly. I’ve felt around on her but don’t feel anything but that doesn’t mean much. My son is keeping an eye on her with the others to make sure they don’t go after her. Do I need to do anything? This is my first major injury!
Poor chicken, Until others react, I would put her apart and and give her time to get over the shock. Other members will follow and give you more practical information I'm sure!

I had to write a reaction, I feel really bad for your chicken seriously! However your way of writing is so realistic I could almost see it happen. Would have been a real funny story if your chicken wasn't hurt.... A pumpkin can do much damage against a tiny chicken I think...
I really do hope she recovers soon!
And you should start write novels... ☺️

Can she stand on it when you put your finger under her foot?

Back
Top Bottom