Limping rooster with small blue part on comb after attack

Brittski923

Hatching
Aug 13, 2021
My Rooster is not putting weight on one foot and has a small blue tint to a part of his comb. So a few weeks ago my faithful rooster fought off a bobcat for his girls and had a whooping laceration . I stiched it up and spayed it with blue kote for a few days. A small part turned black and fell off the underlying skin looks pretty good but the skin further down is a red and I thought he was fighting an infection so I have been giving penicillin injections the last 3 days with no change in his limp. His foot is slightly contracted and when I stretched out his”toes” it felt like old rubberband kinda breaking. He is eating fine and I have brought him inside so he doesn’t have to try to climb into the coop. Any idea’s?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 4
He may have suffered some nerve damage, sprains/strains, fracture... It's hard to know how well he'll recover and whether he will be able to bear weight on the leg/foot.
Eating/drinking is good. I would continue to tend to the wound like you're doing.

He may have suffered some nerve damage, sprains/strains, fracture... It's hard to know how well he'll recover and whether he will be able to bear weight on the leg/foot.
Eating/drinking is good. I would continue to tend to the wound like you're do

Back
Top Bottom