Lindt Chocolate Mini Chicks

Quote:
Hmm. I hated Peeps as a child and still don't like them. It has nothing to do with the looks of it, I just think don't like the taste. They are usually stale and flat tasting. I guess it depends on why the kid doesn't like them.

ginger c. :

Quote:
Hi, not offended.

Our son has Asperger's Syndrome and this type of thing bothers him so signicantly (sp??) that he will go into a major meltdown. There have been other things in the past that done pretty much the same thing, but he is getting better with those other things, so hopefully in the NEAR future, he will be okay with the Peeps too.
wink.png

I don't beleive in medicating children, so we just deal with the issues. I am with him 24/7 and I know him, inside and out and I know whay works and what doesn't with him, so we just try to introduce things little by little and help him see why we can do some things and not others (biting off the head of a marshmallow peep vs that of a real live chick). Not to say that he would do that, but he feels that is what is happening.

Again, not offended.

Maybe you can save the head for last.
smile.png
Just bite off the body and put the head back in the package.
yippiechickie.gif

Seriously, does he eat chicken and/or other meats? Just curious. I know nothing about AS

DH​

gig.gif
, I like the heads, I always start with the head, even on the chocolate bunny's and chicks.
thumbsup.gif

He has just started eating meats actually, he has eaten chicken for about 2 years now and he will eat some beef (depends on how it is cooked) and same with pork. He doesn't eat 'candy' like the peeps but he will eat chocolate but it mainly has to be Hershey, he can tell the difference. The chocolate bunnies that I brought home from Wal-Mart after Easter are Palmer, I think. He has taken a few bites, but he doesn't like them because they are not Hershey. He goes Trick or Treating, but never eats anything except for the Hershey's and Tootie Rolls. That's pretty much it. When he was a baby (about a year old) we were in the store getting groceries and I had tomatoes in the cart along with some other fruits and veggies and he was screaming (couldn't talk yet) but I knew what he wanted. When we got to the check out the guy that was bagging out groceries told us that we needed to get him some candy and my husband said 'no, that is not what he wants, he wants the tomatoe that was just rung up' and we gave it to him and he was satisfied, ate it before we even got to the car.
sickbyc.gif
I am NOT a fan of tamatoes!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I went to Wal-Mart after Easter and stocked up on chocolate Easter bunnies, the solid one, not the best chocolate (Palmer I think) but they are all in my freezer and when I need a chocolate fix, I just snap off a piece of the bunny. Oh, I also got a BUNCH of chocolate coverd marshmallow bunnies, their in the freezer too.
ya.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
tongue2.gif

bun.gif

Yea I put mine in the freezer to so I wouldn't touch it, well the other day I darn near broke my tooth gnawing on it

yuckyuck.gif

But it is so much easier to just smack the package against the counter and then eat the pieces, that's what I do. Some are large and I will gnaw on them, but others are small enough to just pop in your mouth.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Hmm. I hated Peeps as a child and still don't like them. It has nothing to do with the looks of it, I just think don't like the taste. They are usually stale and flat tasting. I guess it depends on why the kid doesn't like them.

My son likes the Peeps, just won't eat them. He has NEVER tasted one, they are too cute to eat, that is his deal. He actually wanted me to buy a whole mess of them and then spray them with clear finish so he could keep them forever. I told him that I don't think that putting the clear finish on them would be a good idea, it might just make them dissolve into a puddle of nothing.
lol.png

Quote:
Yea I put mine in the freezer to so I wouldn't touch it, well the other day I darn near broke my tooth gnawing on it

yuckyuck.gif

But it is so much easier to just smack the package against the counter and then eat the pieces, that's what I do. Some are large and I will gnaw on them, but others are small enough to just pop in your mouth.
thumbsup.gif

Now why didn't I think of that ??
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom