1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

link to our hatch this morning

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by reyecat, Sep 18, 2008.

1. reyecat

reyecat Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2008
  2. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    Wow! cool! [​IMG]

3. Granolamom

Granolamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Dallas
    I love it!!! What a wonderful experience for kids to have! Can't wait!

4. reyecat

Apr 1, 2008
    it's been very cool... the whole experience. getting chicks watching them grow into adults, the first time there was an egg, getting to know them, building them their runs and coop, collecting fertilized eggs, even butchering... and now we've gone full cycle. Really cool! we are all so tired today. but it's so worth it! I homeschool my kids so we are just having science pretty much all day!

5. MaryT

MaryT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Elkton
    Wow can't wait till I see that in person..... awesome job..... How many more do you have to go?

6. chickenandabiscuit

chickenandabiscuit Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2008
    Kane, Illinois
    Congrats on your hatching success. It is so addicting to do. I'm on my 6th hatch this year. Next week my first Blue Giants are due to hatch and the week after some Buff Orp/Amercauna crosses. I'm curious what they'll look like and what color the eggs will be! Hope the rest all hatch well.
    My last hatch I used the egg carton method for the first time and it seems they went from pip to hatch alot faster and the clean up was super easy. You might want to try it. I know it is the basis of a lot of arguments on here.

7. reyecat

Apr 1, 2008
    I was thinking of that.... egg cartons..... I'll have to look up more about it.

We have one maybe two more to go before we are done this hatch. Thanks you all for Watching... i didn't even think anyone would look at my posts being a newbie and all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by