Linoleum on coop walls anyone... ?

I have experience in this department, and I have to say its a very bad idea to use linoleum on the walls. I built a pen for my bottle lamb, and I thought i was very smart putting the linoleum on the walls too, thinking it would be easy to clean. After about 2 months the linoleum started falling and peeling off the walls. Linoleum is not made for walls as the sticky is not strong enough to go against gravity. The only thing I could suggest is to use nails and nail the 4 corners, but I imagine that might not work either it could puff up and still let the walls get exposed and gross.
Hope this helps
big_smile.png

ivan3 - those are some good ideas.

If I do use linoleum, I'll get that self-flattening single sheet kind - it's completely waterproof on both sides with no backing. We have it in our basement.

That way I can just pull it out in one piece to scrub/hose off the front (or the back if necessary), then throw it back in there and put wood chips/straw on top.

I live in a desert environment, so there's not going to be a lot of moisture or condensation going on. Of course I think it's a good idea to paint the wood behind it if I do decide to try it on the walls. If it doesn't work, I can just pop it right off.

Of course I'll report on the experiment!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom