Liquid B Dose for Niacin deficiency?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by johnsonfarm, Jun 11, 2019.

1. johnsonfarm

johnsonfarm Songster

Oct 17, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Almost 2 week old Ancona duckling is scanning with her head (slowly back & forth), walks in circles, acts like it can't see or is dizzy. Eats and drinks and gets around, but a little more clumsy than the others, and is quick to lie down.

I'm guessing niacin or thiamine deficiency? I've been putting brewers yeast on their food and feeding green peas. Trying to make sure this one gets it's fair share of the peas but I'm going to pick up a bottle of liquid b complex in the people vitamin aisle since it seems to be getting worse.

Anyone know how much I should give her? Just a drop in her bill? Or seperate her and put it in a dish with peas? She loves peas!

BirdsBeesTrees likes this.
  2. A_Fowl_Guy

A_Fowl_Guy Pig Whisperer

May 4, 2014
    Newberry, Indiana
    Should be 1ml over a treat so they eat it all.

johnsonfarm and BirdsBeesTrees like this.
  3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia John 3:16

People liquid b complex is 3 ml since it isn't as concentrated. I'd rec going to TSC and getting the one in the cattle dept and giving 1 ml over a treat daily. Pease don't have the amount of B's your little one needs. Brewers yeast isn't as loaded either for now use the liquid b complex and once she recovers use Nutritional yeast.

johnsonfarm likes this.
  4. johnsonfarm

johnsonfarm Songster

Oct 17, 2012
    Wisconsin
    So here's a video of how she acts. I got the B drops for humans, but noticed it doesn't have B1 (thiamine).

I also found duckling-specific feed so maybe that will help.

5. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Free Ranging

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    Stevie Wonder syndrome! B-complex from the cattle dept at TSC like @Miss Lydia said!

Miss Lydia likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: