Hey everyone! She's doing better. I got her started on medicated chick feed and have been taking her for daily outings around our property so she gets some fresh air. She hasn't laid so far, which worries me but is most likely a symptom of the coccidiosis. I also got her and the rest of the flock started on Corid, and they all seem to be taking to it well. I think she'll make it! Thank you for all of your help.

Hey everyone! She's doing better. I got her started on medicated chick feed and have been taking her for daily outings around our property so she gets some fresh air. She hasn't laid so far, which worries me but is most likely a symptom of the coccidiosis. I also got her and the rest of the flock started on Corid, and they all seem to be taking to it well. I think she'll make it! Thank you for all of your help.

I'm glad she is doing better.

You dont need to have her on both Medicated feed and Corid. It is the same med, and while I think over dose is quite high, she doesn't need to be on both.

LofMc

The Corid is much stronger and indicated when there is an outbreak.

The medicated feed is a preventative and can handle very mild infestations, but is not a curative once coccidiosis is full fledged.

So when you have an animal that is distressed and you believe it is coccidiosis, use Corid.

If you have young chicks and want them to build immunity to coccidia in your soil, use the medicated feed which is low dose amprolium so that not all coccidia are killed but overload is prevented.

LofMc

Not sure what's going on. Are these symptoms of coccidiosis? I hope so, because if not I'll feel even more lost as to what's happening with my girls.
a) not laying
b) extremely unbalanced
c) doesn't like to be picked up anymore, usually loves it
d) ruffled feathers
e) crowing/clucking with no sound coming out - that's my main concern. she hasn't made a sound in days but occasionally wheezes after trying to cluck

She woke up today antsy and restless and in a much better state of health, so I decided to begin introducing her back to the flock. Currently doing the playpen method so that she doesn't get picked on.

Back
Top Bottom