Lisa's Ameraucana Chicks! (I have 5 MORE babies on p.2)

GracefulBantams

Hatching and Showing
13 Years
Oct 10, 2007
Oklahoma
Monday evening I saw the first pip, and now I have 6 sweet Ameraucana chicks running abound in my used-to-be-very-empty brooder
love.gif

I ordered 22 eggs from DipsyDoodleDoo (Lisa). I had to set them at two different times, though, so I only had 12 due right now. The other 10 are due Sat/Sun.

Chick #1

100_1070.jpg

Chick #2

100_1081.jpg

Chick #3

100_1084.jpg

Chick #4

100_1092.jpg

Chick #5

100_1095.jpg

Chick #6 is still drying out in the 'bator, but I'll get a picture tomorrow.

Here is a picture to show my one gigantic chick!

100_1096.jpg

Last edited:
chicktasticvt - Yes, it sure is! That one's my little Hollywood star
wink.png

hcammack - Thanks
big_smile.png

CarriBrown - I appreciate the wishful thinking
wink.png
Thanks
smile.png

Hi Grace! I don't know which Ameraucana hen is throwing the wild colored chicks.
I swear all the girls in the Am' pen are blue, black, or splash and the roo is black.
My last Am' hatch, I got a reddish chick and a striped one like in your pic.

Is the hatch done?
Lisa

They are adorable Grace! I'm crossing my fingers that my two remaining Ameracana eggs will make it through the hatch.

That's fine, Lisa. I'll just wait until they get older than I will know what they'll look like
lol.png

I am kinda' partial to Blue colored chickens, but I really don't care otherwise - they are all so sweet
big_smile.png

I think this "round" of hatching is done. Out of 12 eggs, 6 hatched, 1 tried to hatch but couldn't make it (
sad.png
), 3 didn't appear to have developed all the way, and the other 2... well, I'm not really sure
hmm.png

Coffeegirl78, thanks
smile.png
I hope both of yours hatch, too
fl.gif

- Oh, and I lost my "Goliath"
sad.png
I'm not really sure what happened; I think he was eating the wood shavings. I just now changed their setup
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom