List of Auctions/Sales in Alabama

HomesteaderWife

Free Ranging
9 Years
Apr 24, 2015
Alabama
I wanted to compile a list of places in Alabama where you can purchase or sell poultry (and other animals as well). Please let me know if you have resources for any other places I have missed, or if information is incomplete/changed.

Thank you!

ALABAMA POULTRY AUCTIONS AND SALES LIST (as of June 11th, 2015)

1.) Clay County Goat & Poultry Stockyard
Phone: (256)-839-6824
What's For Sale?: Chickens, Ducks, Turkeys, Guineas, Rabbits, Quail, Horses, Cattle, Swine, Goats, & Sheep (also a feed store- supplies for sale)
Can You Sell?: Yes
Additional Information: Animals of varying age ranges. Every Friday night @ 7:00 PM is small animals (chickens, rabbits, quail, ducks, etc). Also sell tools and eggs these nights. Every 1st Saturday @ 5:00 PM is horses and tack. Every 2nd and 4th Saturday @ 12 noon is cattle, goats, sheep, and swine. Fast paced auction and stays packed!

2.) Tractor Supply Co. Stores
Phone: Varies (find your nearest store # online)
What's For Sale?: Chickens and Ducks (supplies for sale)
Can You Sell?: No, usually only mass local hatchers can sell there from what I understand.
Additional Information: Seasonal! Only young animals! Poultry and ducks are only there for a short time for sale in store. There is also a minimum purchase amount of animals. Check with your local store to see when chicks an ducklings are available. Usually have a sign outside in Spring that announces their sale.

3.) Cabaniss Farm and Feed Supply
Phone: (256)-249-3090
What's For Sale?: Chickens (supplies for sale)
Can You Sell?: Unsure
Additional Information: Seasonal! Only young animals! They are usually available during Spring. Call to find out when they are selling. Puts an ad in the local Traders Helper bulletin board that will tell when chicks are available too.

4.) Meme's Poultry & Quail Sales
Phone: (251)-716-1460 or (251)-233-8273
What's For Sale?: Chickens, Quails
Can You Sell?: No
Additional Information: Lots of great breeds available, with shipping available as well! Minimum order of 10 chicks. NPIP certified. Hatching eggs available as well.

5.) Prattville Farm Center
Phone: (334)-365-4500
Website: http://www.relylocal.com/prattville-alabama/business_listings/prattville-farm-center
What's For Sale?: Chickens, Geese, Turkeys, Ducks, Guineas (supplies for sale)
Additional Information: Seasonal! Only young animals for sale! Spring sales. Not sure if there is a buying limit.

Last edited:
I just want to say that I hope this helps anyone researching where to purchase chickens in Alabama. And again, if you live within the state, please add on any information!

I don't think Meme's is still in business. I've tried emailing her, and the website is down.

Anyone know how reliable the Opp Auction is on the 3rd Sat of each month? It's the only one of the month where they have something other than cattle.

@CSolis - I will have to check in on that one as I am unsure/haven't been. There used to be one years ago that did alot of poultry auctions outside of Luverne and I think another one opened up later on. Check around that area but it may just pull up the Horse Auction.

I also happened to see something that made me think to check Facebook and maybe there are groups on there. I don't social network like that anymore but there used to be good chicken communities there.

Also, someone will have some suggestions for Southern Sales. I'm tagging @FlomatonsFlocks - do you know of any southern Alabama poultry sales?

Only place I knew of was TSC, but when I got supposed pullets, I ended up with cockerels. I have 3 cockerels that need to go, and need to find 3 pullets to replace them. I'm looking for Buffs, either Orphingtons, or Brahmas. The one fellow that had a huge lot of them for sale on Craig's list was sold out by the time I found the ad. I'm heading over to Opp next Saturday to check out the sales there.

Hopefully Flomaton will reply with maybe what they have available, or if they know anyone also! Best of luck finding your replacement birds

Back
Top Bottom