List of HOAs in Nampa, ID that allow chickens??

CarinaRose

Chirping
Sep 30, 2021
Idaho
Hello! Is there a list of HOAs in Nampa, Idaho that allow Chickens? Or a list of which ones do NOT allow chickens so I can stay away from them?

I’m having a hard time finding the rules of the different HOAs as we look for a house. I feel like this is pertinent information that should be highlighted on Zillow, but maybe I’m not normal! :lau

Very few HOAs allow poultry.

You're better off checking if the town/county allows chickens in the first place and what the restrictions are, if any, and then looking for something outside of newer neighborhoods which are more likely to have HOAs.

UPDATE:
We found one that allows chickens, but I’m not sure yet if there is a limit on how many I can keep beyond what the city allows. The city allows 10 hens and 3 ducks, I’m hoping the HOA doesn’t limit it further.

UPDATE:
We found one that allows chickens, but I’m not sure yet if there is a limit on how many I can keep beyond what the city allows. The city allows 10 hens and 3 ducks, I’m hoping the HOA doesn’t limit it further.
If that's the city limit, no HOA can override it to allow for more, so that is your limit. HOA can definitely limit it further or ban them outright.

Not familiar with the area but some cities are almost exclusively HOA run... I moved out of one a few years back, where only 2 tracts of houses in the entire city had no HOAs.
That shouldn't be Nampa... It was very rural until recently, the suburbs are all relatively new and there's plenty of land that isn't in a subdivision. If OP wants a newer home though it probably would be in a HOA.

Back
Top Bottom