[LIST - Over 1,000 names!] Chicken names!

Ok, likin' this chicken name thread!

My welsummer roos are named:

Rastus (I taka care of de hens mon...) very colorful guy...
Jasper (he already had name when I got him) very friendly and the least dominate in the flock.

My Speckled Sussex roo I call Boss Bigin' since he is bigger and bossier then the other roos. B.B. whipped the other roos right off the get go when I turned them out together to free range. He reminds me of the character "Boss Hog" off the old Dukes of Hazzard TV show. He is definitely the cock of the walk with his speckled sussex ladies. Boss Bigin has a favorite hen I call Girlie since, well....she is his favorite girl.

Only one of my welsummer hens has a name, Henny Henny. I love her the most as she is very tame and loves to talk to me in "henspeak" The other Wellie girls look too much alike and none of them are quite as tame as Henny Henny.

I also have a mutt hen named HUZZY because she IS ONE! She is the smallest but definitely the feistiest of all the hens. She is the only one who tries to peck holes in my hand when I get eggs out from under her. The only reason I don't send her to Freezer Camp is she is very broody and a little feathered egg laying machine.

ROOS
Mr. Black
Big Red (sadlyRIP)
Mr./Mr.
Bully Boy
Cassie
Samwise(cochin)

HENS
Missy (Miss Thing)
Lacey
Taffy
Goldie
Miss Muppet
Georgia
Sally
SuzyQ
Tillie
Estella
Lilly
Noirie
Fanny
Molly

We have all hens and they have sci-fi girl names:
We had 2 polish hens to start with and the buff laced polish didnt make it after the first 2 days. Her name was Pocahontas. We were going to name them all the 8 disney princess names, but after Pocahontas didnt make it, we couldn't replace her and just name the new one Pocahontas too. So, we found two local guys that raise Polish chicks that were a week older than ours, so we got two more for a total of nine :)

Six-White Crested Black Polish
Cylon Sharon-White Crested Blue Polish
Boomer-the other White Crested Blue Polish

Pris-Dominique with crooked toes

Scully-Gold Laced Wyandotte since shes kinda reddish
Ripley-Silver laced Wyandotte

LeeLoo-Buff colored Easter egger

Fuzzy Feets-ok, she was supposed to be princess Leia, but she was also supposed to be a silver laced wyandotte. once we noticed that she had fuzzy feets and that she wasn't on our original order, and we were worried she might be a rooster since she was slow to feather, so we just ended up calling her Fuzzy Feets, and she ended up being a Light Brahma.

Starbuck-Brown Leghorn

We had two heavy hens that we named "Fatty Patty" and "Two by Four" last year... Sadly they were later put into the pot by friends we gave them to. But I remember how fun it was to call them.
smile.png

We just brought home 4 6week old rhode island red pullets. Sweet girls
smile.png

I have always loved the Anne of Green Gables book series, so I named this round after characters in the book:

Anne Shirley
Marilla
Rachel Lynde
Josie Pye

Roosters:

Little Dot
Ben Dover (Benny)
Oddball

Hens:
Big Dot
Spoiled Baby (Big Dot II)
Ketchup Longlegs
Bombalurina
Demeter
Milena Minkova
Beyonce
Chirp
Barbara Q.
Teriyaki (Teri)
Cacciatore (Tory)
Supper Rhombicosidodecaheron Antidisestablishmentarianism Pachycephalosaurus Methychloroisothiazolinone (Rhombi)
Spot
P Commerinski
Cloelia A Brave Maiden
(I think that's everybody...)
big_smile.png

I only have names for 2 of my 4....

Boldy Hawn - always the first to get her beck into everything, unless I WANT her to go somewhere...then she's LAST

And

Meg Flyin' - she flaps her wings no matter what she is doing, startle her and she flys away.

I need to name the other 2, but inspiration hasn't hit me yet. (Only had chickens for about 3 weeks)

Let's see we named one rooster
Dr. Pecker, (He pecked a lot)
Sid aka Alfred Sindey Johnston
Socreates
Mysterious Rooster (He came down from the hills one day)
Taka (Japanese for hawk because he looked like one)
Rusty (Domer colored with rust spots)

Hens we call Little hen or Golden hen

Back
Top Bottom