"listen" to the girls!

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
I looked out back and realized that I had two escapees (8wk old Amercauanas)--had flown over the top of their run.. So, I ventured out to put netting over the top.. I decided since I would be out there, I would let all the chickens out and let them free range and took the phones, water and a book --ready to spend the afternoon out in my swing.. After I got the netting up and moved the swing into the shade and got comfy... I noticed my girls acting strange, coming out for a few seconds and then running back into the coop--not just the run--all the way into the coop.. I didn't understand. They LOVE to be out! I finally decided ENOUGH.. I locked the door to the enclosed run and noticed I had not turned their fan on.. I walked over and noticed a big black dog creeping up toward the back of the coop... SO glad I didn't keep running them out of the coop..

remember to listen to your girls!!

Smart girls you have there!
smile.png

My girls have been alerting me when the neighbor's big gray tomcat comes into our backyard (one reason we do not free range)...usually they give a growl or a trill. Today a small plane flew over and Daisy (largest BO) gave the alert.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom