little feathered genuises!

I didn't want this to cause fights, I wanted to make this thread for all of the serious chicken obsessors and lovers that know and believe chickens are very intelligent and amazing creatures!

Last edited:
Do you have kids? Have they every picked up a animal in a not so nice way that makes the animal freak out? Yet everyone thinks it's funny? That's torture, not a animal playing with it's natural food sources. And, you KNOW it's being tortured...Sooo, isn't that you torturing the frog?
It's like a child, the parents get blamed;)
I'm not torturing anything. My chickens are learning a new food source. Why would I interfere? Chicken's aren't vegetarians and I want them to discover new animal protein sources because I don't believe commercial food has enough. They're less than a year old and this is their first spring outside. They pick and play with everything they haven't yet figured out to be delicious.
droolin.gif

I'm not torturing anything. My chickens are learning a new food source. Why would I interfere? Chicken's aren't vegetarians and I want them to discover new animal protein sources because I don't believe commercial food has enough. They're less than a year old and this is their first spring outside. They pick and play with everything they haven't yet figured out to be delicious.
droolin.gif

I meant you could kill it:p But one time my chickens swallowed a frog whole and I couldn't save it, or at least kill it before it would be alive in a stomach:(

Let's change the conversation to chickens! I had enough talk about meat for one day, or, two days. ;)

Last edited:
If you wanted this thread to be full of chicken lovers who didn't care to voice their opinions, then maybe you shouldn't have started it with a contention ( i.e. trying to prove that chickens are smart). Maybe you should make a thread called chicken lovers and you can all talk about how wonderful chickens are rather than trying to prove that they are smart.

Last edited:
I meant you could kill it:p But one time my chickens swallowed a frog whole and I couldn't save it, or at least kill it before it would be alive in a stomach:(

Let's change the conversation to chickens! I had enough talk about meat for one day, or, two days. ;)
Again, my chickens are learning. There is no good reason for me to intervene. Reality is simply harsher than you wish it were.

Again, my chickens are learning. There is no good reason for me to intervene. Reality is simply harsher than you wish it were.

Yes, I guess it is. Well, I really need to stop being judgemental, it's not torture, well, it is for the frog but you are not torturing the animal. I have been bothered for days about this kind of thing and have no cooled off yet:). My apoligies.

Well, I will try once more to make this a thread full of chicken lovers and no one arguing!:)

So, guys, do your chickens actually stay outside in the rain? Because mine do every time.

Back
Top Bottom