Little giant =GIANTpile of junk

I have two of them and have hatched A LOT with mine never had any problems ....... be patient and keep tring .... maybe something little you are doing that even if you go out and buy one for big $$$$$ the end result may be the same. so I think just take a deep breath and give it another chance before you go in debt with a different one. I know a lot of people that uses LITTLE GIANTS . I also have a little trouble with the cups (same type rotator as you ) They make a newer different one now. but just press with your index finger right in the center circle and listen for a pop and you have it in. If you are not going to change cup sizes ( for different eggs) I think glue may work!! Hope something may be useful

I use one and I hand turn and have had good results with it. I am actually thinking about getting another. They do require alot of babying though once they get to the right temp. My temp fluctuates a few degrees from 99-102 and I have had pretty good hatches.

I have one and have had great results. My temps dont move much. I might just be lucky. I added a pill top to my temp pin so i can turn it slowly.

I have them(along with other kinds of incubators) and have hand turned with mine. Once I figured the incubator out, I have had decent hatches?
The biggest thing was monitoring the temps AND the humidity.

it maybe trash but i'm good at fixin trash LOL . Can i have it ??????
smile.png
roll.png

I got some screws from hardware store gonna try and screw egg holders down.......this is brand new..with electric thermostat......good idea to put a big wheel on stem..mayby after i mess with it ill get it to stabilize..
i have 4 other hovabators with egg turners...work great dont have to overhaul. if nothing else i think it will make a decent hatcher

I have 6 of the LG- and I'm getting great hatches with them each! I also have a Hovabator and though I'd LOVE an rcom, I'm fine with these.

My success has been in stabilizing the temp (and not touching it for anything) PRIOR to setting the eggs. Days prior.

A full incubator is far more stable than a lightly filled one. Thermal mass increases stability. I put terra-cotta marbles (from pet store in lizard department) in the bottom to hold the temps truer, and they release humidity beautifully when you're in lock-down if you add these in the water channels.

I use the little windows to get in if I need to, so the lid doesn't have to be lifted.

Yes I got a few good hatches. Maybe experimenting was fun for awhile. This spring I'm getting hova 1588 or a brinsea incubator. What's the point of having to play with the thing or set it in just the right spot to get a good hatch when for $20 more I could hatch without those worries..... Actually for the same price I hatch without most of those worries in my hova 1602n. It does have slight temp fluctuations but they are predictable and easily corrected even during incubation.

Back
Top Bottom