Little Giant Hatch Along

Just candled 1 EE egg was clear, 1 Ameraucana was clear and I may have 1 clear bcm but It's to hard to tell
hmm.png

stormymoon your hatch is looking good
thumbsup.gif
has anymore hatch since your last post?

cherprit did you get to candle your eggs?

I have two LG and I currently have button quail,cortex quail,bantam egg,large breed eggs,goose eggs and a call duck egg...

all are close to hatching so I have been running mine for awhile!

oh and bobwhite...all in one incubator not many eggs but not enough for two

Last edited:
I'm on day 21 with my second clutch of eggs out of 6 one MGB has hatched and 3 mutt eggs have pipped still waiting on another mutt egg and another bantam egg.

Someone had asked about it being ok to open the incubator to snatch out dry chicks during lock down. My incubator never truly goes into lock down because I hand turn and I keep several batches in one incubator and I don't think it's caused a problem.

Just found this thread! Can I join?
I have an LG, still air, with a turner... the old style.
I've done two hatches in it so far, before that I used a friend's borrowed one...
mine holds temp WAY better... I don't adjust it at all it seems!
so, I set 11 Blue Marans eggs today, and 11 of my Welsummers and Black Copper Marans eggs.
should be set for a hatch at the Waxing full moon, which is much preferred per my friend who's reletives have raised all types of fowl for many years... :)
hey, can't hurt to try!!!
so, off we go!!!
I wish I had a fan kit... so, I keep the temp 101.5, that is what it says... seemed to work ok last time, but I still had a couple who died fully developed... so, might be a humidity issue, or a turning issue, as I had two 'breech' upside down in the shell...
and one last hatch too...
good luck everyone!!!
Beth

Back
Top Bottom