Little Giant Hatch Along

I put my LG in a pantry where the teps are always the same and have not had any flucuation in temps or humidity at all, happy so far, I have the fand and turner. On day 6.....
smile.png

Quote:
I agree! I would like to have been able to buy something else, but my LG is doing pretty good now. I installed a small PC fan and even a few rocks and my temps are okay. I also put the large towel under it to cover just in case I need to. The only problem I have is when the temp in my house drops because of the weather. Not much I can do about that. Over all, I am satisfied with our LG and I am going to keep our little investment and maybe hatch eggs at least once or twice per year. We know what works and what doesn't and I can't see sinking hudreds of dollars into something I am only going to use once or twice a year.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh, that is a good idea. Wish I had a pantry to do that. Mine is just sitting on a small fold-up table in our dining room. Good thing we don't use the dining room for actually eating in. It is our school room, so it is wide open.
lol.png

I ordered my Brinsea. I will be switching my hatch over once it arrives. Since I started in LG....Can I still hath along with you guys?

Quote:
How are your eggs looking now? Your pictures were very good and thought I saw development in a few. Post some more if you would, I can't keep my hands steady enough for good pics. Will say I candled day 11 and thought 4 duds then candled again day 14 and all look good, even the incredibly pourous egg had definite developing shadow and air sac. That one was near impossible to see into. Have been using a halide construction lamp with box over it and hole cut. Like starring into the sun!

Of course you can still hatch along with us. I have a question about the rocks in the incubator. Right now I have 5 rocks in the incubator, do I need to take those out for lock down/hatch?

Quote:
I've got the bottom of mine (under the wire mesh) filled with small rocks, placed there they aren't in the way. I don't think yours would affect anything unless they're big enough for the chicks to climb on and hurt themselves on the heating element or something.

Quote:
From what I have read and understand the rocks are to help with heat and humidity. Not sure how they help with humidity, but rocks abosord heat, so when your thermostat turns off to cool, you still have heat in the bator.

Hope this is right, I am a first timer, so that is my understanding.

Anyone else??

Back
Top Bottom