Little Giant Hatch Along

Okay, I am getting to anxious here.
roll.png
I am hearing this chirping and trying to figure out where it is coming from, so I instinctively turn my head toward the bator doing the
yippiechickie.gif
dance and then realize it is a bird somewhere outside in the dark.
barnie.gif
It is still cheeping/chirping and I have no idea exactly were it is, somewhere between my kitchen window and the train tracks.

Here are some pics of our lockdown

82890_101_1316.jpg

Notice in this first picture the egg in the far corner how it is sitting, not more than five minutes after I took that I went back to check humidity and it is lying on its side almost on the wire. Wonder what that chick is up to???
big_smile.png

Here are some other shots.

82890_101_1318.jpg

82890_101_1317.jpg

82890_101_1315.jpg

82890_101_1314.jpg

So glad I saw this thread. I had too many eggs for Mahonri's Easter Hatch. Had to run out and get another incubator at the last minute. LG 9200 was all they had at the feed store. I rigged up a small fan and set 27 eggs in it on 4/2. This is only my second hatch ever and the first in a LG. Needless to say I am clueless. Temps and humidity have been all over the place. Gonna read this thread to see what I can learn and then candle a couple of eggs to see if any have survived my ignorance.

Quote:
I really like all the pics. I had yet to see someone post lockdown pics. Some say to use egg cartons and some dont. What benifit comes from using them? Is it just easier to clean up the incubator? I mean eggs are not naturally propped up when they hatch right? I havent picked a plan for my lockdown since I am only on day 9.

Quote:
I really like all the pics. I had yet to see someone post lockdown pics. Some say to use egg cartons and some dont. What benifit comes from using them? Is it just easier to clean up the incubator? I mean eggs are not naturally propped up when they hatch right? I havent picked a plan for my lockdown since I am only on day 9.

guess it is really for easier clean up. I am kinda wishing now I would have just laid them on the wire. Oh well, we'll see what happens I guess.
big_smile.png

I hate my LG.....I hate my LG.....I hate my LG......I cannot wait to get my Brinsea. I want to go to sleep but I cant because my temps are all over the place.
somad.gif

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
and good luck.

You will find a lot of info.

Thank you!!
smile.png

I just spot checked 4 eggs and all look alive, good veining, no blood rings and I even saw movement in a Marans Egg. Feeling much better!!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
and good luck.

You will find a lot of info.

Thank you!!
smile.png

I just spot checked 4 eggs and all look alive, good veining, no blood rings and I even saw movement in a Marans Egg. Feeling much better!!

How far along are your eggs? You can see movement in a dark maran egg?

Back
Top Bottom