Little Giant Hatch Along

wee.gif
We just candled a few of our eggs and in one of the Welsummers I saw definite movement. The little baby was moving around, it was so cool. I was really worried because I had a temperature spike and wasn't sure how long they had been at 104/103.2 degrees. So I'm thinking if one made it, hopefully the others did too. My Maran eggs are too dark to see into at this point, but I'm a lot more hopeful now than I was earlier tonight.
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif

I'm expecting a pip any minute from my Lav Orp eggs..and I'm quietly freaking. I had the humidity higher during this incubation because the Orps were porous, and now I'm afraid there's water in the air cell and they'll pip and die. Someone talk me down off the ledge.
barnie.gif

Quote:
Okay, you are going to have to do what I did, Just Walk Away!!

I acutally had to get out of the house yesterday, I was a mess. It helped.
hugs.gif
fl.gif

I will. I have to leave in the morning early to get my DGD to school.....it is about 25 miles away. Also have to stop and check on my MIL on the way back.....so will be gone a couple of three hours or so. That will help.

I really don't expect anything to even start until Tuesday night at exactly 8pm. (well.....that is 21days!!)

Tuesday I have to mow the yard so that will take quite a while.

just wishing......

Quote:
Step away!!! Step away from the incubator and go to bed! That is where I am heading....of course I will have to get up several times during the night to see if all is well........

Well, we are done. 14 peeps out of 30+ eggs. I apparently have a problem with temp and humidity as my eggtopsies show full development but no pipping into the air cell. Air cells were good. I know my temps were a bit low. Some were shrinkwrapped and others were juicy.
That batch I had added no water at all to the LG and humidity was 20 or below for the incubation. I think I will add water intermittantly to the current batch in the bator and I have the temp closer to a steady 99 now. My DD just checked some of her cochin banty eggs in the bator and found those from her white frizzle hens not developing. She is off to check them for fertility and figure out what's going on. She had a BBQ'd banty roo last night from last year's hatch that she said was wonderful good:)
Something tells me we will be hatching more. How long can you run a bator as a bator without cleaning /disinfecting? We are using a hatcher.

We have pip #4 and it is one I have questioned since the first day I candled, couldn't see anything, it is a dark brown with specks, have NO idea what it is but it has pipped. I have been waiting to see that all day.
wee.gif
ya.gif

Quote:
How cool is it to see them move in the egg for the first time?? I find myself enjoying it too much and My husband has to tell me to put the egg back! Mine were dancing for me tonight as well on day 10! It was awesome. I just wanted to get up and
bun.gif
I have have temp issues this whole time and though I think I am getting the hang of this, I think eggs are a lot stronger then we give them credit. I have had temps as low as 96 and as high as 103.5. What day are you on? I went and bought a new brighter flashlight and now I can see in my Maran eggs
woot.gif

woot.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif

Yeah we have a baby!!!
jumpy.gif

He/she must have been born between 5:00 AM and 5:15 AM on this day 4.11.11!!! Will try to get a pic in a while.

woot.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif

Edit to add pics:

82890_101_1324.jpg

82890_101_1322.jpg

82890_101_1323.jpg

These are ALL the same chick.

Last edited:

Back