Little Giant Hatch Along

Quote:
If we do this again, which we probably will, I am most deffinately going to buy an aquarium thermometer. I would have gotten one this time but every time I went to Wal-Mart or Pet Smart they were out. I was told at our Wal-Mart that they don't even carry them any longer and I couldn't find a tag for it.
sad.png

Got the hygrometer / theremometer set at Pet Smart and it is really good. The hygrometer was a little off, but did well.

We have 4 more chicks.
celebrate.gif

One is still kinda stuck in its shell, down on his bum and there is a little piece of shell on his head, I am not sure what to do. Have asked, but no answers yet. I wonder if misting him would help?

The other 3 are all the way out and one of them is YELLOW, our first and probably ONLY yellow chick.
jumpy.gif

Well....I had nothing but the pip....then my DGD just got up and came running in here.....she said she pecked another hole. I went in and looked...sure enough more cracked shell.

I am trying to stay away....chickens have hatched for millions of years without me helping....so I am trying to stay away. I was really starting to get worried because at 6am it was 12 hrs since first pip. Now, I can relax....and stay away as much as humanly possible!!!

Yay all of us bringing up the rear in hatching!

Quote:
Paitience does pay off, huh.
big_smile.png

Well we still have a few with pips, not sure what they are going to do, then we have a few that have done nothing and they were good eggs. One was so dark though, I have no clue if anything was in it or not. I would love to know what kind of chicken laid the egg, like to get some more like it, just to see what's in there.

Quote:
wow!! You are doing great! How many chicks is that now?? I am so happy to read of all the success!!!! Keep the posts coming!
woot.gif

Ummmm, 5 in the brooder and 4 in the bator, 9. I think unless I have miss counted. There is another one that is pipped or that might be the one that hatched. They keep rolling the eggs around so I can't keep up.
lol.png

I was praying for at least 6, so I got them, now that only means that the coop that was planned, will have to go bigger.
barnie.gif
Not sure we will have the room for that.

Day 22 three in the brooder
ya.gif
(one which was shrinkwrapped and helped out by my hubby and me last night at 1am...)...one of my two last eggs just chirped..and moved like crazy...it ain't over until the eggs pop, I'd say..
jumpy.gif

Not bad from a clutch of seven, whom so saddly got robbed of their momma..

Back
Top Bottom