Little Giant Hatch Along

Help.....I'm on day 14 and all has been great, dry hatch temp at 99.5-100 and 35 humidity all the way, no water and today for some reason it spike two hours ago at 65% humidity and is staying there! Help.....

Well 4 of them are here now. have one pipping as I write this. The pic of the one by itself is Lou. He wasa the first and had alot of trouble getting out. He was shrinkwraping towards the end and I had tohelp him. He was wore out. Now he is the most active. They are RIRxRed Sex Link. Thanks for all the advice on this thread it has really helped. I think I am gonna get some sleep now!!!!!!!
81069_church_chickens_078.jpg
81069_church_chickens_080.jpg
81069_church_chickens_074.jpg
81069_church_chickens_073.jpg

Luvtheladies....so unbelievably cute..congratulations..and go get yourself some rest...

I am still waiting on my fifth to pip, zip and hatch..day 22 is coming to a close..there is a party for one in that egg so I am not giving up yet.

Last edited:
2 out of 42 are out of the eggs last night during the night they started hatching, today was suppose to be lock down.
I didn't even get to add the rags or anything I don't dare open the bator , usually I candled on day 18 but this time I didn't get a chance to do that.
I just added water with a straw through the air vents......
They didn't even give me a chance to put the hygrometer in there.

Looks like the other eggs are rocking though there are maybe 2 - 3 I don't see any movement out of I am guessing possibly duds I always get 2 - 3 duds per hatch.

Good luck everyone, and Cute chicks to those who have already hatched
smile.png

Lock down for me is Sat., this is my 2nd attempt to hatch out some eggs!! My 1st one had alot of shrink wraps and the membranes seemed so thick, so I am trying a dry incubation. I will add water on Sat and up my humidity!!! Fingers crossed!! Good Luck everyone!!

I need feedback from anybody who used egg cartons to hatch out in. Did your cartons absorb water/humidity and feel damp to the touch? Currently mine are wet, should I switch them out for dry ones? or just lay them on their sides? I just entered lockdown, but no pips yet, i like JUST entered lockdown. What would you advise me to do?

Quote:
Hmmm, mine have never gotten wet. My knee-jerk reaction is that wet carton isn't a good thing, but I don't have any experience with it. Since you don't have any pips yet it seems like you'd be fine to switch them out quickly.
You could put up a thread about it and see what other people's experience has been with that issue.

Back
Top Bottom