Little Giant Hatch Along

bburn...
wee.gif
..jippea..finally a fuzzy legged little one..
smile.png

I woke up to a huge surprise this morning..our dud egg hatched..and we have a new little greyish black family member..this makes egg #5...hatched on day #23...and we still have the one I heard chirping yesterday...still rockin and rollin'

5 out of seven..although we only have one left now as I through one out on day 18 when i candled before lockdown..maybe I shouldn't..they very well could've been Ok..
sad.png

Few.hours will.be the beginning of day 21. I've got nothing, no movement or pip's or anything. Kinda worried. Maybe im on day 20. The very moment I put the eggs in I called it day 1, on march 25 th. When candled everything looked good. What's goin o.

I called mine day one when they had been there for a whole day....which would make it day 20 for you..but I don''t know what is the accurate way to count..
Keeping my fingers crossed you will have pips, zips and hatches...
smile.png

ya.gif
:ya I HAVE MY FIRST EVER PIP!!!!
ya.gif
:ya

fl.gif
PLEASE hatch
fl.gif
it pipped somewhere around 2am. It can take quite awhile right? It was barely day 18! I had just gotten them into lockdown...my humidity is down to 70%, i had a temp spike
somad.gif
but all i can do now is pray for the best.... Oh i hope i have at least a little success! My whole heart is in this hatch!

Just set 13 eggs @ 7:30 this morn.
woot.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
I intended to get them in on tues but we decided to install a fan.
love.gif
my dh! Hope I'm doing everything right. I'm following Chookschick's recommendations.
smile.png
My temps have been steady. I'm doing a dry incubation. Disinfected everything as best I could. Been collecting eggs since last Fri , picking out the ones I wanted to incubate. Now for the waiting!!!
barnie.gif
I know it will go fast, but still it seems like 21 days is a long time from now!
I do have one question, do I count today as day 1?
It is so much fun watching everyone with their hatches!! Congrats to all of you and your successful hatches!!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Tomorrow is day one; day 21 is the same day of the week as the day you set them. They will be due three Thursdays from now. Lockdown will be the Monday before. Dry incubation is the way to go; good luck!

Its been almost a week since the Duck egg got cracked and it is still growing nicely. All other eggs are right on track and set for their 4/23 hatch date. I can't believe its almost time.

Good luck everyone on your hatches

Don't forget to post pics.

Quote:
Tomorrow is day one; day 21 is the same day of the week as the day you set them. They will be due three Thursdays from now. Lockdown will be the Monday before. Dry incubation is the way to go; good luck!

Thanks youngbiddy!!

Back
Top Bottom