Little Giant Hatch Along

Quote:
The worst thing that can happen is it will not hatch at all. I would rather it not hatch than for it to hatch and something to be wrong with it. I just culled one of my new chicks...and it was not easy.

Well we are still waiting on egg #6..maybe it is a dud, but I feel it might not be so I am keeping my fingers crossed it will happen..meanwhile here are the ones we have hatched so far..

This is M&M..he was our first, hatched early on day #21
11732_img_0981.jpg

This is Lemonhead, our #2, hatched midday on day #21
11732_img_0963.jpg

This is Sugar Ray, he is our fighter, #3...he was shrinkwrapped, we helped him out in the middle of the night between day #21 and day #22, he has feathered legs just like his daddy
11732_img_0977.jpg

...and our precious Butterscotch, our #4, born on day #22, he has feather legs just like his daddy.
11732_img_0982.jpg

..and finally our #5, Licorice, hatched last night..going into day #24
11732_img_0966.jpg

Quote:
So true...lol..I actually hope they are all girls..

Congrats on some pretty little fuzzy butts! I can't imagine naming them yet.....I think (they won't hold still) that I have 29 in the brooder, one hatched in the incubator, one pipped and was starting to zip and that leaves 7 eggs.

I had a thought at one point that if just one hatched I was gonna be happy....now I am overjoyed. My DH just asked me when he called what I was going to do with them all....omg...and I am setting eggs again on Sunday.

These 7 that I have left I will at least give two more days.....then make a decision.

Quote:
Wait. Eggs have hatched for millions of years without us helping. IMHO

Mine will be on day 23 tonight at 8pm. There are nine eggs left in the incubator out of 38 and one is pipped. I will leave mine two more days. If I listen with the stethoscope and can still hear something in the egg I might wait a little longer. I worry about poking holes in the egg and the chick not being ready to go.

Again....this is IMHO

That makes me.feel so much better that your on day 23. Tomorrow mourning will be 21 and I have no signs yet

Quote:
Yay! You're almost exactly 24 hours after I set mine! I meant to set mine on Monday, but we waited and installed a fan, too.
smile.png

What all do you have in there?

I have 5 ee's, 4 speckled sussex, 2 cuckoo maran, 2 brown leghorns. Maybe we can be in this together! This is my first attempt.
hide.gif

Im a little concerned about my temp. I tested it for several days and it stayed in the right range. I have 3 aquarium thermos in there and the one with the hydrometer on it, 2 of them register the same but the other is about a degree or two higher. The thermo/hydro is about the same as the 2. I'm trying not to check so often, but I want to get it right. The one that reg. high is on the end, under the thermostat. Temps are ranging from 98 to 102 at any given time. I may not have it in the right room. It is in our utility room. That has our entry door in it. Our house flucuates in temp as we heat with wood, and right now we don't have any heat. Temps here are in the 60-70 day 40-60 at night. I really don't have any downstair rooms that are stable. Will keep an eye on it though. Happy Hatching!
frow.gif

I am a proud new momma!!!!
jumpy.gif
:jumpy:jumpy

She pipped on day 18, 3 a m, and hatched at 8:20pm!!!!! still slightly attached down by the belly, but almost fully out!!!! I still think she was early! I am sooooo happy! 23 eggs left! No pips as of yet!
fl.gif

Congrats on everyone's new babies!

What was I thinking? Have I no self control??? I have two incubators going-each a week apart. I stopped at TSC tonight for some bunny treats and low and behold, I bought chicks-
smack.gif

They had EE's that were too cute and I also bought 3 KC ducklings (the last time I picked KC ducklings..they were both boys.
idunno.gif
). Hoping that I did better this time, anyway, I just couldn't resist-Absolutely NO will power here
th.gif

Did I mention that I have two broodies sitting on a dozen eggs each and possibly a third trying to go broody on me?
barnie.gif

I came home to find two pips in my incubator. I think a tidal wave of chicks is about to hit me! I will definitely be selling most of these hatchlings, though I want to keep the ones that hatch from my darkest eggs to work on my olive egger project.

Is there a hotline for chick hatching addicts????

It's comforting to think that I'm not all alone in this.................... :O)

Back
Top Bottom