Little Giant Hatch Along

21 days and 6 hours. Getting worried........

wait, wait, wait...
pop.gif
it will happen...maybe it is running late due to some temp variances..I have one still waiting and I am on day 25, from my original clutch of eggs..but this one is dragging its feet..he is moving though..​

Last edited:
It is set up next to my computer. I actually think I heard 2 chirps inside the shell. Wait, think I heard an egg rock

Quote:
Filling all the water wells in the bottom should give you sufficient humidity. If you need more, a sponge. or a maxi pad, or even a dish filled with aquarium rocks and water is good. You can add more water through a tube stuck through one of the vent holes; aquarium tubing works very well. Or a bendy straw.

Thanks!

Quote:
Now....STEP AWAY FROM THE INCUBATOR!!!!

Just so you will know not to have really high expectations for an inminent hatch. My pipped one night at 6pm and did nothing by the next moring....then we zipped and hatched finally at 11am. On the other hand another one pipped, and zipped and hatched right in front of me!

So I am saying this: they will get here when they get here.

But it is nothing but amazing and exciting!!!!

Much luck....

Quote:
wait, wait, wait...
pop.gif
it will happen...maybe it is running late due to some temp variances..I have one still waiting and I am on day 25, from my original clutch of eggs..but this one is dragging its feet..he is moving though..

Now I am starting to worry about my last six! Day 23 and no pips but I can hear scratching, pecking and moving around inside the egg with my trusty stethoscope....so I am stepping away from the incubator myself....heading to town to pick up my GDG. Maybe something will happen while I am gone!!

Quote:
Now....STEP AWAY FROM THE INCUBATOR!!!!

Just so you will know not to have really high expectations for an inminent hatch. My pipped one night at 6pm and did nothing by the next moring....then we zipped and hatched finally at 11am. On the other hand another one pipped, and zipped and hatched right in front of me!

So I am saying this: they will get here when they get here.

But it is nothing but amazing and exciting!!!!

Much luck....

i do understand that it will take days for all to be hatched, i was only being a worried first time parent. now the question i have. being that it will take possibly days for all to hatch what do i do? when some are hatched and dried off how do i get them out? i mean there are still others that are in there for lock down, but do i distupt the lockdown stage of the other ones or do i get some out? hope you all follow me

Back
Top Bottom