Little Giant Hatch Along

thumbsup.gif
That why I am afraid of going to the farm or feed store...

Quote:
Do not go. They were the same age as the first of mine that hatched. I know the fella at the store and have visited with him many times. He was no help....he talked me into it!!

How is your little chick doing?

He is out, Ginger is the new name..weak, but had absorbed all of the yolk..starting to stir a little..I think time will tell, but I hope he/she gains some strength and kicks this bator to the curb so it can join the other ones in the brooder..
smile.png
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
He is out, Ginger is the new name..weak, but had absorbed all of the yolk..starting to stir a little..I think time will tell, but I hope he/she gains some strength and kicks this bator to the curb so it can join the other ones in the bator..
smile.png
smile.png

I am so proud for you! I was really worried about the last two. I left them in there a little longer before moving them to the brooder and keeping them separate from the others. The 'others' don't like it either when they can hear them on the other side!

Do you have electrolytes and polyvisol? You might think about giving them a tiny bit in a flat lid tomorrow. I did, dipped their beaks in the lid a few times through out the day....don't know how much they got but felt like I was at least doing something for them....now I can't tell who they are!

Quote:
Good luck. We have already hatched, 10 babies.

I didn't do dry, but I did keep my humidity between 20% and 30% for the first 17 days then increased it to 60% - 80% on day 18 through 21 (well, 23 in our case).

Quote:
Can you spritz a little water on him? Or bring your humitidy up a little, I had to do this with two of hours on the last day.

I am a little behind, trying to get through all the post, so if you got this fixed, then ignore my post.
big_smile.png

Good luck

Quote:
Yeah, getting the temp just right is hard, but since you are starting early that is good. We had so many fluxes because of our house temps, I had to end up wrapping ours with a large beach towel sometimes during the whole incubation period.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom